News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Not possible to make ways public anymore

Started by Dwachs, May 20, 2020, 07:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwachs

In former times, one could change the owner of a way to the public player with the make-stop-public tool. This does no longer work. It was broken in r8750 when the merge-station-tool was implemented.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Yona-TYT

Wouldn't a new special tool for making public tracks/roads be better?,  It would be two clicks, similar to building/removing roads.  8)

Vladki

In extended it still works (but there is no merge station tool yet), and you can drag over the road - it makes tiles public as you drag.

Flemmbrav

I miss it too.

We're doing a network game right now, and switching players everytime you got to connect tracks for different players is a kind of annoying.

Mariculous

I didn't play standard multiplayer for a while now, but I really cannot imagine how sharing ways in standard is possible without make way public or public players help.
Did I miss something or is it essential to always request public player to connect ways now?

If you don't want "make way public" to be accessible for normal players, you should consider pulling extendeds access permission system in.

prissi

Standard has private way sings which allow for access control as well.

On topic of public ways: I think this needs an extra tool, or at least the mak stop public tools is again enabled to make ways public when there is no stop to make public.

EDIT: There was a wrong comparison. The way should will become public again (unless you do not own it in the first place. Check r9113 or later)

Mariculous

Quote from: prissi on May 25, 2020, 01:05:19 PMStandard has private way sings which allow for access control as well.
A private gate does not help at all to connect ways of different players, does it?

Anyways, with fixed make public, there is a solution not requiring public service again, so it's fine.

makie

Quote from: prissi on May 25, 2020, 01:05:19 PM
The way should will become public again (unless you do not own it in the first place. Check r9113 or later)
That is fine  8)