Make Simutrans speak your language.

has anyone started from 1400's yet???

Started by bbc100, April 26, 2009, 06:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbc100

I've started my game from the 1400's!!! :o

But when does the town's pop up???

---

I was going to put up a save game but it's to LARGE!!!

---

I could send it to you guys?!?!?!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Welcome to the forum! :)

Please, instead of replying, click the "Modify" option at the top right of your post to add comments if it has been less than 24 hours since your last post.

I also removed several emoticons, which should be used as seasonings - just one or two when needed. Too much, and the flavour of your post is overwhelmed and becomes less tasty.

mobo

That depends on which pak set you use. Some are playable from 1800 on.

VS

100% usable starting date is 1930 (default). Anything else depends on pakset, as mobo says...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Reasonable towns should appear in pak64 since 1500. But I would not recommend to start before 1840, and better 1871.

jamespetts

When it is finished, PakBritain will be playable from the middle of the 18th century until about 2050. The next release of PakBritain should be playable at least from the mid 19th century onwards.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

bbc100

I redid it in the 1550's???

There was 1 town I saw and I could transport logs only!!!

Also when do more town's pop up???

Dwachs

Quote from: bbc100 on April 29, 2009, 04:03:09 AM
Also when do more town's pop up???

Never, you have to create them as public player.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

bbc100

Quote from: Dwachs on April 29, 2009, 06:03:45 AM
Never, you have to create them as public player.
No I don't mean that!!!  I mean, when you start near a timber or something like that, you see 1 town but when do you see more than 1 town???  I also started in 1550's!!!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Towns are created only two times:

1. When you create the map
2. If you switch to public player and use the Special Tools menu to create a new city

(well, 3. you can hit 'C' in at least some paks to create a city, but it's expensive - better ot use public player).

That's it.

Severous

Hi  Pak64 V102..I started in 1800.

5 Cities on the map although the city list contained 16 names. (lack of townhall/dateline/climate meant no buildings/roads at all in 11 cities).

I too could only transport log.  To be more precise..wood to sawmill, then planks to materialsdepot.

I have got a city to appear in another way.  Supplied planks to a materialsdepot that sprang up in the middle of nowhere. Houses soon appeared.

Regards
Sev.

bbc100

Quote from: Severous on May 20, 2009, 10:53:13 PM
Hi  Pak64 V102..I started in 1800.

5 Cities on the map although the city list contained 16 names. (lack of townhall/dateline/climate meant no buildings/roads at all in 11 cities).

I too could only transport log.  To be more precise..wood to sawmill, then planks to materialsdepot.

I have got a city to appear in another way.  Supplied planks to a materialsdepot that sprang up in the middle of nowhere. Houses soon appeared.

Oh okay

Lawyer

Tried to start form 1400 once, but get bored soon, because... well, i'll have to wait more then 300 years to build trains!! Who the { Please do not attempt to defeat the profanity filter. } can live without trains??? Trains are great!! I love trains!!  ;D
Creia no que quiser, mas não acredite no 'Fator Deus'
Believe in whatever you want, but don't believe in the 'Factor God'.
http://bulevoador.haaan.com/2010/07/04/o-fator-deus/

electroduck

There is:
1 player road: Dirt Road
3 factories: Timber Plantation, Sawyer's Workshop, Construction Wholesaler
6-7 City Bulidings (including Res,Ind,Com,Other)
3 trucks: Horses (4), Horses (2), Carriage Team
2 buses: Stagecoach, Postal Wagon
4 trailers: Paper Wagon, Crate Wagon, Bulk Goods Carriage, Stake Wagon

It's very bleak. And boring.
EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=

prissi

pak64 contians no "industrial" citybuildings. Those apprear after 1870 or so. But for towns, those are not needed anyway.

Zeno

I think it's hell job to make paksets playable from 1930 on; each time you move the date back you need more and more vehicles, buildings, factories,.... don't screw up the few painters we have even more ;)

An_dz

Uhuu. Another one to screw up it all and continue the revive. :D

Well I just want to say that, what was produced on that time? I mean in real history. Nothing. Almost everything produced was for own consumption. It was an sub existence production.
I can only see pepper, salt and things like that being transported. That's boring in the game and was boring in real life (Pirates? No, they just really appeared in 1600 and almost all in Caribe).

Isaac Eiland-Hall