News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Trams & Buses.

Started by Colin, August 20, 2008, 08:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

PAK64-100. rev 1956.

Have I seen something, somewhere, in the old forum about Trams & Buses not picking up passengers, or, to be more specific, Tram & Bus stops not generating passengers?

If I haven't seen it then this is a new bug report.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Colin

Quote from: Colin on August 20, 2008, 08:53:02 AM
PAK64-100. rev 1956.

Have I seen something, somewhere, in the old forum about Trams & Buses not picking up passengers, or, to be more specific, Tram & Bus stops not generating passengers?

If I haven't seen it then this is a new bug report.

Can someone please move this to 'Bug Reports'. I may get an answer then.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

whoami

The last report about a problem like that (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=147.0) was a problem with the installed files (doubled goods definitions). Have you installed pak files over an existing installation, and if yes, which packages of files are involved?

If there is a (recent) bug that causes this, it may take some time until the player notices the effect.

Colin

Quote from: whoami on August 23, 2008, 01:17:01 AM
The last report about a problem like that (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=147.0) was a problem with the installed files (doubled goods definitions). Have you installed pak files over an existing installation, and if yes, which packages of files are involved?

Thanks Whoami.

This is a clean install of PAK 64-100 but a new game. My previous game worked fine. The only thing changed is the .exe. I always use Werners latest nightly.

I'll try it using the GDI and standard Simuwin .exe's and see what happens.

Edit: 11:55am

Nope it's just the same with GDI and Simuwin. So off we go to try a new install.

Edit: 12:50pm

No nothing works to change this. I've tried a clean install with Simuwin. I've tried upping the Passenger Generation to 20, I've upped the Number of Passengers tp 9. Bus and Tram stations are not generating passengers. Airport and Train stations are fine. I'm assuming that the problem is in the Stations not the Vehicles.

Edit: 18:55pm 25/08/08

Ok now I've built Passenger Docks and sent a ship to each dock. The ships are picking up passengers and the Docks are generating passengers, but they are eiher going to the airport, or waiting for another ship to take them away. None of them are going to town stations, and town stations are still not generating passengers.

Prissi or anyone, can you help me here.

Thought for the day

whoami

(Sorry, haven't had time yet to check current ST versions regarding this problem.)

Simloops being too low is among the common reasons for missing generation of passengers, but that shouldn't be the reason here, because you wrote that airports and train stations generate and receive passengers.

You may want to try with a nightly build of Pak64 (same download page), although I don't expect a crucial change in that.

To investigate further, a savegame would be needed, but non-trivial savegames can't be attached here due to size limitations.

Colin

Quote from: whoami on August 25, 2008, 07:28:25 PM
(Sorry, haven't had time yet to check current ST versions regarding this problem.)

Sometimes I think that I'm getting exceedingly more stupid as I get older. Last night while playing the game I realised that I had used Post Boxes instead of Bus/Tram stops. I had assumed that using the Post Boxes that it just meant that mail would be picked up as well as passengers. I've now changed them all and it's working fine.

Please feel free to give me a smack round the head.

Thought for the day

Combuijs

Allright, you asked for it:

But your observation is right, I'm getting older as well...
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Colin

Thought for the day