News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Scenario Tutorial pak64

Started by Yona-TYT, June 19, 2020, 04:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

Tutorialpak64-v1.6.50 released!.

Quote from: Yona-TYT on December 19, 2022, 01:58:41 AMAfter extensive testing and code review, here's a release candidate!
@Prissi, I sent you a message asking about the version of the next release of simutrans, remember that you have to adjust the version number in the scenario.
Scenario: tutorialpak64-v1.6.50.zip
Changelog:
- Improvements in the logic to detect eliminated convoys
- Factories have a tile list of their fields
- Stop with multiple types of cargo [passengers, mail or good] (only used in pak192.comic)
- Improvements to be able to use underground stations (only used in pak192.comic)
- Improvements in public text labels (used to give directions on the ground)
- All public text labels are marked when starting the game (in case of loading a savegame)
- If someone builds elevated tracks (bad idea), they can now be removed (in most cases)
- Many improvements in automated commands
- Many bug fixes and code efficiency improvements

Yona-TYT

The second version of tests is ready!

Scenario : https://www.mediafire.com/file/nhzy3hqg7u1ef42/tutorial_pak64v-1.2.00-Test-2.zip/file
I have completed Chapter 4 and 5, only 6 and 7 remain.

Any help with translations welcome!

Try and notify me of any stuck.  :P

Regards!.  ;)

Andarix

Quote from: Yona-TYT on June 23, 2020, 12:49:03 AM
Any help with translations welcome!

mmh, I partial translated Tutorial pak128 here

not include in latest version

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Andarix on June 23, 2020, 06:06:34 AMmmh, I partial translated Tutorial pak128 here not include in latest version
I see that they are very outdated, I have made a lot of changes in the texts and the order of the files, looking for more convergence between the pakset and also to adapt to the specific pak64.

I leave you a complete list of the changes in the text files:

// ------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------
Chapter 1 ==================================
The order of the files has changed:
a new step is added at startup.
The new order is as follows:
- step 1 is now: step2
- step 2 is now: step3
- step 3 is now: step4

Chapter 2 ==================================
step C ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
{posb} is now called {list}
step D ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
{posb} is now called {list}
step G ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
New variable is added to display a "Stops list" {list}.
The file has been removed: "07_3-4.txt"
"07_1-4.txt" is now called "07_1-3.txt"
"07_3-4.txt" is now called "07_2-3.txt"
"07_4-4.txt" is now called "07_3-3.txt"

Chapter 3 ==================================
step A, B, C, D, E, F, G ------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------
Two variables are added for the load type: "{good1}" and "{good2}"

step B ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
Files have been removed: "02_2-5.txt" and "02_3-5.txt"
"02_1-5.txt" is now called "02_1-3.txt"
"02_4-5.txt" is now called "02_2-3.txt"
"02_5-5.txt" is now called "02_3-3.txt"
The file "02_2-3.txt" has been renewed, (review).

step C, E, F, G ------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Added new variable for the number of tiles covered by the train {tile}
step E ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
New variable is added for the number of wagons {wag}.

step G ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
New variable is added for the number of wagons {wag}.

step H ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
The file has been removed: "08_1-6.txt"
"08_1-6.txt" is now called "08_1-5.txt"
"08_2-6.txt" is now called "08_2-5.txt"
"08_3-6.txt" is now called "08_3-5.txt"
"08_4-6.txt" is now called "08_4-5.txt"
"08_6-6.txt" is now called "08_5-5.txt"
All files have been renewed (review).

step I ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
Files have been removed: "09_3-5.txt", "02_4-5.txt" and "02_5-5.txt"
"09_1-5.txt" is now called "09_1-2.txt"
"09_5-5.txt" is now called "09_2-2.txt"
New variable is added to display a "Way list" {list}.

Step K ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
Completely redesigned, all files are changed to: "goal_step_11.txt" (check).

Chapter 4 ==================================
step A, B, C, D, E ---------------------------------------- -------------------------------------
Two variables are added for the load type: "{good1}" and "{good2}"

step B ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
Modified file: "goal_step_02.txt" (review).

step D, E ---------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
New variable added for total number of ships {all_cov}

step D ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
Completely redesigned, all files are changed to: "goal_step_4.txt" (check).

step E ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
The file has been removed: "05_3-4.txt"
"05_1-4.txt" is now called "05_1-3.txt"
"05_2-4.txt" is now called "05_2-3.txt"
"05_4-4.txt" is now called "05_3-3.txt"

Modified file: "goal_step_07.txt" (review).
New variable is added to display a "Dock list" {list}.

Chapter 5 ==================================
a new step is added: "goal_step_02.txt" (check).
"02_1-2.txt", "02_2-2.txt" are now: "03_1-2.txt", "03_2-2.txt"
"03_1-2.txt", "03_2-2.txt" are now: "04_1-2.txt", "04_2-2.txt"

Edit.
Here is a version with the updated texts:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jvfu1xp9c4ehq0o/tutorial_pak64v-1.2.01-Test-2.zip/file

Andarix

mmh, in en.tab missing text include es.tab

You must build a stop in [%s]

Debes seleccionar un [%s].
You must select a [%s].

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Andarix on June 25, 2020, 05:55:56 PMmmh, in en.tab missing text include es.tab You must build a stop in [%s] Debes seleccionar un [%s]. You must select a [%s].
Thank you very much for your help!.  8)

The correct text is "You must build a stop in [%s] first", I have fixed it in file es.tab.

There was a duplicate of this text "You must select a [%s].", I have fixed it and moved it to the common texts.

Yona-TYT

This is almost done, I think it can already be included in the pak64, if @prissi agrees, I'm not sure how much time is left for the next version of simutrans.  ???

Scenario: https://www.mediafire.com/file/133bo8i0eno633v/tutorial_pak64v-1.3.00-test-3.zip/file

Changes:
General ====================================
Global variables defined for vehicle limits.
Slight modification on the map to allow connecting the transformers without the need for a tunnel.
Error correction

Texts tab ==================================
The following text is changed to show the name of the station.
Select station No.%d
Select Station nr.%d [%s]

Chapter 5 ==================================
Step D ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
The order of the files has changed: new file "04_3-3.txt"
A new mail convoy (ship) is added (check).

"04_1-2.txt" is now: "04_1-3.txt"
"04_2-2.txt" is now: "04_2-3.txt"

Andarix

mmh

in folder en exists 02_1-3, 02_2-3 and 02_3-3

in folder es exists 02_1-5, 02_2-5, 02_3-5, 02_4-5 and 02_5-5

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Andarix on June 27, 2020, 03:37:41 PMmmh

in folder en exists 02_1-3, 02_2-3 and 02_3-3

in folder es exists 02_1-5, 02_2-5, 02_3-5, 02_4-5 and 02_5-5
Yes, it is because I am not done with the Spanish translations yet.
Edit.
Wait a minute, you mean chapter 3 right? ... this is fixed ... I think you should clean up those folders.

Andarix

es/result.txt not translated

chapter 03

the files 08_x-5 not translated to spain and file details.txt missing

chapter 04

at es exist a file 04_2-2.txt, this missing at en

chapter 05

goal_step_02.txt not translated to es

rule.txt in several chapters not translated into it es

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Andarix on June 27, 2020, 08:34:03 PMes/result.txt not translated
Yes, I will translate soon.
Quote from: Andarix on June 27, 2020, 08:34:03 PMchapter 03 the files 08_x-5 not translated to spain and file details.txt missing
I have not given high priority to Spanish translations, I will solve as soon as I can.
The file "details.txt" is obsolete, it should not exist (I had deleted it, but it came back for some reason).

Quote from: Andarix on June 27, 2020, 08:34:03 PMchapter 04 at es exist a file 04_2-2.txt, this missing at en
That is another obsolete / junk file, before (in pak128) there were two providers, now there is only one (the oil platform) .... I have already removed it thanks !.

Quote from: Andarix on June 27, 2020, 08:34:03 PMchapter 05 goal_step_02.txt not translated to es
Correct, again, I don't give much priority to Spanish, I'm going to translate what I can, I know it's there.

Thank you very much for your report!.

Note: Remember that chapters 6 and 7 are not ready yet (in fact I haven't started with planes yet .
:p

Yona-TYT

New version of tests, I have already completed chapter 6 and 7 and I have fixed the missing Spanish translations.

I have removed some variables (seemingly unused), hope everything keeps working fine.

If no more errors are achieved then it's time to integrate with pak64 :) .

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kyxbetzfi26ph6j/tutorial_pak64v-1.4.00-test-4.zip/file

prissi

That would be indeed a good idea!

Yona-TYT

I wanted to finish before the next version of simutrans, but I haven't had time to do the final tests on the script.

Andarix

I think the city names are invalid for pak64.

Quote#__________________________________city names___________________________________
#__________________________________city names___________________________________
Cantebury
Cantebury
Lancaster
Lancaster
Rio de Abajo
Rio de Abajo
Westminster
Westminster

Yona-TYT

I think it is not necessary to translate the names of the cities, so I would like to delete this.

Yona-TYT

Final version of the tutorial scenario for pak64.
Scenario -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgzv1ruzvcdftpt/tutorial_pak64-v1.4.10.zip/file

@Prissi, I would like to integrate this script to pak64, I consider that this project is already completed.  8)

prissi

When testing this script, it fails after building a bridge in chapter 2.nut line 166 with The indexs get_name() does not exist. I used it with german default language and build a modern road bridge.

As suggestion the scenario schould explain about stop coverage because when building the line to Malliby.

Next crash in chapter2.nut at line 238 same error as above, just after building the connection. (I did rotate the map because I could not find the missing stop marker.)

That time I was no able to resume the script.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on September 09, 2020, 06:35:26 AMWhen testing this script, it fails after building a bridge in chapter 2.nut line 166 with The indexs get_name() does not exist. I used it with german default language and build a modern road bridge.

Next crash in chapter2.nut at line 238 same error as above, just after building the connection. (I did rotate the map because I could not find the missing stop marker.)

That time I was no able to resume the script.
I have not been able to replicate the error.I have made a quick review and I realize that the lines "166" and "238" that you mentioned do not correspond to the indicated error messages (in fact line 238 is a "}" closing a block), you are using the latest version of the script?

The last one is v1.4.10

Quote from: prissi on September 09, 2020, 06:35:26 AMAs suggestion the scenario schould explain about stop coverage because when building the line to Malliby.
Thanks, I will take it into account for the next one. :)

prissi

Oh sorrz. Maz I sugest to edit zour first post to update the link.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on September 09, 2020, 02:43:21 PMOh sorrz. Maz I sugest to edit zour first post to update the link.
Certainly, I forgot to update that link.  :-[

prissi

Chapter 2 stop building: The highlitghting of the tiles before (instead marker) was much easier to see. Also why you ask to go slalom through the town. That is not a good idea, since you are wasting a lot of income this way.

Future dock: Please remove the copy backwards button. This horrible thing has absolutely no meaning for useful gameplay, and can be even hidden by paksets. Also why no use the copy convoi button. This is annoying. Also the tutorial should mention, that you need to select the line for the next bus from the dropdown.

Connection to Mallaby. There is a stop to build which is not used. Also, since buses work with profit with 50% load, it makes sense to wait at stops with multiple stops for 50% load. Also there are two stops Pollingwick H to add to the schedule, which is impossible. So I had to click to next to advance.

Next step "tile is we are going to set up a bus service in the town {name}". 

For the second rail line, reusing the depot would be nice ...

For building the second track, one better mention the CONTROL key for building straight tracks.

The keys for underground up and down in pak64 are + and -

Why the stations have these useless connectors at the end?

With trains, minimum load waiting time 1/4 is very short ...

Ship: One has to click on OPil rigg twice!

There I got stuck: None of the tiles for the harbor at the Refinery were allowed (I used the single tile goods dock). There was a warning windows showing either "0" or after much more clicking, I was asked if I am lost.

The passenger stops for ships are strange. Rather set a line of passengers to the oil rig and refinery! Also clicking on the harbour is something I never do. I usuallz stop my ships one tile before the harbour.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMChapter 2 stop building: The highlitghting of the tiles before (instead marker) was much easier to see. Also why you ask to go slalom through the town. That is not a good idea, since you are wasting a lot of income this way.
I have changed to "highlitghting", and have removed the "text labes", although I can make them using the public service so there are no additional costs.

Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMFuture dock: Please remove the copy backwards button. This horrible thing has absolutely no meaning for useful gameplay, and can be even hidden by paksets. Also why no use the copy convoi button. This is annoying. Also the tutorial should mention, that you need to select the line for the next bus from the dropdown.
I didn't think they would hate the "copy backwards" button hahaha  ;D , I have to improve this, I also see a lot of sense using the "copy convoi" button, it's just that originally I wanted to teach a bit how to add lines when buying new vehicles.

Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMConnection to Mallaby. There is a stop to build which is not used. Also, since buses work with profit with 50% load, it makes sense to wait at stops with multiple stops for 50% load. Also there are two stops Pollingwick H to add to the schedule, which is impossible. So I had to click to next to advance.
Thank you very much, I had not noticed that the list was wrong (a stop was missing and the first was duplicated), I have already fixed it.

Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMNext step "tile is we are going to set up a bus service in the town {name}". 
I should avoid using variables here, so I'd better have changed the text to: "In this chapter we are going to set up the first bus networks."

I still have to review chapter 3 and 4 (work in progress).

prissi

Anyway, I plan to put the tutorial to pak64 with the next release. Even now it is better as anything else ...

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 03:07:10 PMAnyway, I plan to put the tutorial to pak64 with the next release. Even now it is better as anything else ...
That's great, but I need to fix the bug I found in chapter 4 as a priority, I'm going to release a new version today!

Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PM(I used the single tile goods dock)
This is the problem! I configured this for the water climate, on land clicking is not allowed. :-[

It is difficult to solve, because when obtaining the list of dock tiles only 1 (the slope) is obtained, I do not know how to know which is the tile in the water where the ship is routed I am afraid.

Yona-TYT

Here is a new version, I have corrected only what I consider to be the highest priority,
@prissi if there is some time I will publish another one with all the corrections you mentioned.

It took me some time, but it corrected the problem with the single-tile docks.  :P

Scenario: tutorial_pak64-v1.4.20.zip

Yona-TYT

New version!.

I continue to refine the code for future pakset, this time I have automated the values of "wait" and "load" to make it easier to manage, I have corrected some errors and I have improved some things.

There is a long list of text modifications, I will attach all the files that I modified.

Scenario: http://www.mediafire.com/file/60i6w1f8k3ffk38/tutorial_pak64-v1.5.00.zip/file

List of changes:

General ====================================
Warning message when game is paused (In progress)
More unnecessary tool icons are hidden for the tutorial.

Tab and txt texts ==================================
The message is added: "Advance is not allowed with the game paused."
Now the values %u200B%u200Bof "load" and "wait" are automatic, the following files are modified: ch2 "goal_step_04.txt", ch2 "06_1-3.txt", ch2 "07_3-3.txt", ch3 "goal_step_05.txt ", ch3" goal_step_07.txt ", ch3" goal_step_11.txt ", ch4" goal_step_04.txt ", ch4" 05_3-3.txt ", ch4" goal_step_07.txt ", ch5" goal_step_02.txt ", ch5" 04_2- 3.txt ", ch5" 04_3-3.txt ", ch6" goal_step_02.txt ", ch6" goal_step_03.txt ", ch6" goal_step_04.txt ".
Chapter 5: "goal.txt" the text "Trucks to carry Coal" was missing.

Chapter 3 ==================================
Step H ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
A clogging that occurred if the tunnel was built in the reverse direction is corrected.

Step I ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
The logic of the schedule is changed so that the trains make return trips and the unnecessary interceptions are removed (mentioned by @prissi)
The number of trains is now 3 and the waiting time is 1/1.

Chapter 4 ==================================
Step E ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
Fixed a jam when routing the ship, this is related to the problem that @prissi mentioned with single tile docks.
Step F and G ---------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
Unnecessary tools have been removed to avoid confusion.

Yona-TYT

Mr. Prissi, I thank you very much for your comments, I will review some of your observations.  8)

Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMChapter 2 stop building: The highlitghting of the tiles before (instead marker) was much easier to see. Also why you ask to go slalom through the town. That is not a good idea, since you are wasting a lot of income this way.
Resolved !, I have left them only for the docks and using the public service to avoid generating losses.
Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMFuture dock: Please remove the copy backwards button. This horrible thing has absolutely no meaning for useful gameplay, and can be even hidden by paksets. Also why no use the copy convoi button..
In consultation, Regarding the [copy backwards] button, I have no problem with removing it, on the contrary the code for this has always been a nuisance, if the majority agree to remove it, I will gladly do so.
In consultation, With regard to copying vehicles, I am somewhat indecisive with this, my intention is to teach the player that lines can be assigned to recently purchased vehicles, especially if they are buses that do not need to be assembled like trains, example:
Imagine that you have a line with many buses, the city grows and therefore the level of passengers increases, then you will need to buy new buses, this is where it is useful to know that you can assign existing lines to new vehicles.
QuoteThis is annoying. Also the tutorial should mention, that you need to select the line for the next bus from the dropdown.
Pending, This seems reasonable to me, I'll improve that.
Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMNext step "tile is we are going to set up a bus service in the town {name}".
Resolved !.
Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMFor the second rail line, reusing the depot would be nice ...
In consultation, It's a good idea, but I'm afraid that the code in chapter 3 is already too big, I'm avoiding adding more things as much as possible.  :-[

Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMFor building the second track, one better mention the CONTROL key for building straight tracks.
Pending, This is good advice, I will add it.
Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMThe keys for underground up and down in pak64 are + and -
Resolved !.
Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMWhy the stations have these useless connectors at the end?
Resolved !. I have already removed them.
Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMWith trains, minimum load waiting time 1/4 is very short ..
??? , I've changed it to 1/1, but I'm not sure if that's what you suggested to me. ?
Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMShip: One has to click on OPil rigg twice!
??? , I've made some improvements, but I'm not sure if it's resolved as it can never replicate.
Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMThere I got stuck: None of the tiles for the harbor at the Refinery were allowed (I used the single tile goods dock). There was a warning windows showing either "0" or after much more clicking, I was asked if I am lost.
Resolved !.Single tile dock should no longer be a problem.
Quote from: prissi on September 10, 2020, 12:10:44 PMThe passenger stops for ships are strange. Rather set a line of passengers to the oil rig and refinery! Also clicking on the harbour is something I never do. I usuallz stop my ships one tile before the harbour.

Pending, Transporting passengers to the refinery and oil platform agrees more with Chapter 5 on industrial efficiency, with some time I add it there.

In consultation, About clicking on the docks, this is so because there is no easy way (or at least I don't know of any) to get the tiles where you can click on a dock / station, I can only do it by getting a "tile_list "from a building / station.

prissi

If you can add a tile to a dummy water schedule, and it is a station, then this is a valid connection. Or check for water and get the haltlsit so see if the target station is there.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on October 25, 2020, 11:48:48 AMIf you can add a tile to a dummy water schedule, and it is a station, then this is a valid connection. Or check for water and get the haltlsit so see if the target station is there.
Now it works using station coverage (dock), but I'm not sure how it will behave in pakset whose coverage is different from pak64.
So far it has worked well for me, but I need to do more testing.

Yona-TYT

I am happy to announce a new version of the tutorial, v1.6.10

Thank you very much @roboron for the enormous work with the texts.  8)
Dear Mr. Prissi, if there are no problems you can include this scenario in the pak64.  ;)

Scenario release: https://github.com/Yona-TYT/tutorial_pak64/releases/download/v1.6.10/tutorial_pak64-v1.6.10.zip

The highlight of this version:

• The version and pakset name check is implemented.
  • Many improvements in translations and text files.
  • Tunnel issues fixed.
  • Some numerical values are changed to variables in the texts.
  • Many fixes and improvements.
  • Some code cleaning.
  • A bug when routing ships when getting the tile list.
  • The logic that decided if a station existed or not in the list is fixed.
  • Another bug showing incorrect name of a missing station.
  • Useless code related to lines and schedule is eliminated.
This is the first time that I use github to manage this project, look here: https://github.com/Yona-TYT/tutorial_pak64

prissi

THank you. The German translation does not longer match it seems. That I can correct.

However, I am unable to set the departure. No matter what, it refuses to let my bus schedule pass.

I also noticed that you used the very uncommon (by now) three day month time display settings.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on August 13, 2021, 12:58:04 PM

However, I am unable to set the departure. No matter what, it refuses to let my bus schedule pass.

Strange everything is working very well here, does it show any message?

I have to compile the latest revision of simutrans and test that nothing is broken.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on August 13, 2021, 12:58:04 PMTHank you. The German translation does not longer match it seems. That I can correct.
Thank you very much, so I will be attentive to upload an update with its corrections, also @Roboron is synchronizing the simutranslater with my repository in github.

Quote from: prissi on August 13, 2021, 12:58:04 PMI also noticed that you used the very uncommon (by now) three day month time display settings.
Yes that was what I wanted to achieve by passing those intervals to with a script function. (Y)
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,20764.0.html

Quote from: prissi on August 13, 2021, 12:58:04 PMHowever, I am unable to set the departure. No matter what, it refuses to let my bus schedule pass.

Mr. Prissi, I have tried the latest revision, and everything is working as planned. ???  Look at the image and you will see the schedule configuration that the tutorial indicates.