News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[Fixed] Problem: Comfort varying with number of vehicles in rail convoy?

Started by tick tock, April 28, 2009, 09:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tick tock

Using ST 102.1 Exp 2.7 pak128

I've been testing out STexp and noticed that comfort of the line (just using one convoy right now) is varying by length of the rail convoy.  From the description of ST Experimental's features I don't think this is correct, is it?

For example, comfort for a length of 2 (either loco+tender or loco+passenger car) is 100, which I believe is fine, as 100 is the default value listed in the depot screens for all the vehicles.  However, when adding another car (total length of 3), comfort becomes 14; four=36; five=48; six=14; seven=26; eight=4; and so on.  Weird pattern.

Please let me know if I'm interpreting something wrong, or if you need more info.

I also have 2 or 3 more different topics I'd like to post regarding ST Experimental (not all bugs), but I don't want to open up several threads all in a row if it would be considered spamming the forum.  Is it okay to do so, or should I just lump them all into one thread or something?

Thanks.

EDIT: problem fixed with v3.0

jamespetts

Tick Tock,

thank you very much for your testing and bug report - this does indeed sound like a bug: it ought not do that, as you correctly surmise. I will look into the issue and try to see if I can get it fixed for the next release.

As to other matters, it is better to put them in separate threads if they are genuinely separate issues: I do not consider that spamming the forum. It is easier to read if different topics are separated.

I very much appreciate your work in testing and reporting on Simutrans-Experimental, and I shall look forward to any further information/bug reports. In the meantime - welcome to the Simutrans forums :-)

James
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: tick tock on April 28, 2009, 09:43:35 PM
I also have 2 or 3 more different topics I'd like to post regarding ST Experimental (not all bugs), but I don't want to open up several threads all in a row if it would be considered spamming the forum.  Is it okay to do so, or should I just lump them all into one thread or something?

Thank you very much for asking -- as James noted, one-issue-per-thread is encouraged here. :-) Welcome!

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.