News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Crash when ship leaves shipyard

Started by tick tock, May 03, 2009, 04:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tick tock

v3.3  pak128

When I hit "Start" for a ship to leave the shipyard the game crashes.  I do have the latest en.tab file.  I've tested rail, road, tram and planes leaving their depots and no crashes, just for ships.

jamespetts

Hmm, I can't reproduce that. I have found a crash, however, when one tries to replace a ship using the replace tool, which will be fixed in the next version, to be released soon. Perhaps that might fix it? In the meantime - can you tell me what platform (i.e., Windows or Linux) and what architecture (i.e., 64 or 32 bit) that you are using?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Hmm, same as here. That's very odd. Have a go when version 3.4 is released a little later to-day, and see whether that solves the problem.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

tick tock

James -

Even with v3.4 (using pak128) the program still crashes when I press Start to send a ship out from the shipyard.  I tested with a "fresh" download of pak128, just in case it is a problem with the pak, but no avail.  I am using your most recent config files, as well.  That's frustrating that you can't reproduce the problem; is there anything else I can do to help figure out the source of the problem?

jamespetts

Can you send me a copy of your saved game, with the ship waiting in the shipyard, just before you press "start"?

tick tock

James -

I went to make a save game for you, but before doing so I figured that in order to avoid any compatibility problems I should use an unaltered version of simuconf (I always change catch area to 2, as well as make some other minor changes).  So I used a fresh copy of simuconf and, lo and behold, no crash!

So I went through and, one by one, changed the values in simuconf to the values that I normally use and I think I've found the problem now.  When enforce_weight_limits is set to 2 (weight limits strictly enforced), the game crashes when sending out a ship from the shipyard.

I hope you can reproduce this now.  If it matters, this is with pak128. 

Thanks

jamespetts

Aha! Thank you! That is an excellent lead. I will look into that and test that setting more thoroughly. I think that I have an idea where the problem might be. Excellent beta testing - thank you again!