News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Unexpected "Too Heavy" for train in 3.4

Started by jeffatsqi, May 07, 2009, 03:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffatsqi

I am testing Experimental 3.4 and got an unexpected "Too Heavy" message for a simple train. 

Configuration:
Time: 2000
Engine: Br234
Cars: NewOelwagen x 8

I built a cement tie rail connection from oil patch to refinery and purchased the above train. Immediately after leaving depot I get a yellow Too Heavy messge over train. Also, train runs at a fraction of potential speed - about 35Km/h (just as your specs document).

I upgraded to steel sleeper track. Still get the Too Heavy message but the train runs better - 70k loaded and 100k (max) unloaded.

Is this expected behavior?
Simutrans economics labs at www.osnv.org

jamespetts

You will get the too heavy message if the heaviest vehicle in a train (including any load) exceeds the weight limit for track, bridge or tunnel. If the vehicle exceeds the weight limit by less than 10%, the speed reduction will be less severe than if it exceeds the limit by more than 10%. If this is not how you are finding that it is behaving (i.e., the heaviest vehicle (including the locomotive) is lighter than the weight limit, then please send me a saved game, and I will look into it.

Thank you very much for your feedback - I hope that you are enjoying Simutrans-Experimental! :-)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.