News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Some UI enhancements

Started by Ranran(retired), February 22, 2022, 09:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Enhancements will be made to convoy info, convoy detail, and halt detail.

(1) Convoy info
A loading bar will be added for each category, similar to the schedule list.
The one placed on the schedule list is the sum of all convoys belonging to the line, but it is this convoy alone.

(2) Convoy detail
The usability of Pyload tab will be improved.
A display switching mode with four options will be added. This is similar to the cargo details in convoy info and halt info.
Until now, you could only choose to show or hide them.
This time, three new display formats will be added. However, it is important to note that these are very different from the previous ones.
In my opinion, the information the player wants to know here is where the cargo is dumped from the vehicle???
For example, when a convoy heading 10 stations away is full of luggage, there is a big difference between whether all the luggage is thrown away at next station or all are carried to the last station. In the former example, convoy may not carry anything from the first station to the end of the line but it is possible to load cargoes which are waiting to get there. On the other hand, in the latter example, it is not possible to load any cargo waiting on the way.
With the new UI, the number on the schedule will make it obvious when it will be dumped.
The role of the newly added option is to subdivide the information about the cargo destination based on this viewpoint.

In addition, colored station symbols are used for these displays. It itself has the role of an access button. Left-click to access station information and right-click to jump to the station location.
The destination halt mode is conscious of changing passengers. You can see where they are going to change trains at the next station and the distance for its destination.

(3) Halt detail
The Services and Routes tabs is enhanced.

Three display modes are added to the Services tab.
The first mode added will display the cargo categories handled by the line/convoy.

The second mode added will display the start and end points of the route. You can also check with the arrow whether it is a single direction or a round-trip route.

And the previously added ability to link to minimap will be transformed.  :D This button splits into two parts, one of which goes to the next route tab and each button have a cargo category attribute.
It accesses the minimap and at the same time assigns its attributes to the minimap. That is, it forces the cargo category option to be operated.
Old brother has all the attributes. Small sister only shows up when group by category is on. She is unfaithful and has attributes of her mood at the time. So she is obsessed with the cargo category at that time. However, she is still too immature to handle the class. This is because minimap is immature as well. (´・ω・`)

Anyway, they will take over your job somewhat.

The text in the tooltip has been replaced with a dedicated one, as their nature is different from other buttons that evoke a minimap.

I hope they will be able to help you in your transport life. (´・ω・`)

EDIT:
This branch has been closed for work to fix.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Matthew

Quote from: Ranran on February 22, 2022, 09:37:11 PM
(1) Convoy info
A loading bar will be added for each category, similar to the schedule list.
The one placed on the schedule list is the sum of all convoys belonging to the line, but it is this convoy alone.

Ranran, thank you for your continued hard work on the GUI.

I have not fully tested this patch, but I experienced this part, the convoy loading bars:

In my opinion, this is an inconvenient location for the loading bars, because it prevents the player from seeing the information that was previously displayed there (in this example, passengers/freight by class (via)). In order to see the next stop of these passengers, I now have to scroll down. The loading bars display the number of passengers/mail in each class, but the text display already provided this information. And the text display can be changed according to player preference, but the loading bars cannot.

The loading bars work very well in the Line Management window, so I think they should remain happy in their home there.  ;)
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for your feedback.
QuoteThe loading bars display the number of passengers/mail in each class, but the text display already provided this information.
I believe this was premature. As you can guess from the change to convoy detail window, and as the branch name suggests, this branch started with the goal of overhauling the cargo list.
It means, the cargo list was planned to break away from the old notepad style.
I would rather seek a way to move forward than have things move backward. However, it is a very strong monster with lots of options other than convoy detail. Unfortunately, this seemed like a long time to implement, so I decided to discard this patch and gave up on the merge. (´・ω・`)
Also, some pull requests associated with this have been closed due to the amount of correction work and confusion.

QuoteThe loading bars work very well in the Line Management window, so I think they should remain happy in their home there.  ;)
However, I'm not a native English speaker so I'm not sure if I understood your point correctly, but I think your point is completely wrong as what is shown in Line Management is line's cargo but what is shown here is convoy's cargo, so they are different. There has never been a place where one could see that of a convoy not belonging to a line.

zook2

Ranran, first, thanks for all your work on the UI.

Secondly, in the Line Manager window, could you shorten the line "Line Service Distance xxx Service Frequency xxx" so that we don't have to scroll to see the frequency? Or put frequency in its own line?

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: zook2 on July 19, 2022, 12:15:56 AMSecondly, in the Line Manager window, could you shorten the line "Line Service Distance xxx Service Frequency xxx" so that we don't have to scroll to see the frequency? Or put frequency in its own line?
Please update the theme.

If the theme does not have the appropriate symbol, the text will be displayed instead.

zook2

Thanks!

Ehhhh.... now I need to figure out how to update my themes. I've never bothered with them before. I'm using today's build, but everything in my themes folder is from August '21, except modern, which is from February.