News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Modifying operation costs??

Started by BilalAbbas, July 24, 2022, 10:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BilalAbbas

So I got myself the Shinkansen models from Japanese Simutrans Download link at the bottom. They are amazing to look at, but they're simply not economical to run. Is there any way I can edit their files to modify the operation costs?

Matthew

Quote from: BilalAbbas on July 24, 2022, 10:34:24 PMSo I got myself the Shinkansen models from Japanese Simutrans Download link at the bottom. They are amazing to look at, but they're simply not economical to run. Is there any way I can edit their files to modify the operation costs?

Yes. In the .zip file that contains the models there is a /dat folder that contains .dat and .png files. You can edit the .dat files to change the operation costs. Then you must use a special program called makeobj to change the .dat and .png files into .pak files that .Simutrans can read. It's not difficult.

The Simutrans wiki has explanations of the different values in the .dat files and how to make the .pak files.

Please ask if you have more questions. If so, please tell us what version of Simutrans you are using and your operating system.

(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

BilalAbbas

OMG, that was definitely a learning curve but I actually managed to do it. You're literally so amazing!!!!!! THANK YOU!