News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Too many signals in menu.

Started by SemiNormal, May 15, 2009, 01:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SemiNormal

New Simutrans player here. While I am slowly starting to understand the complexity of the game one thing that puzzles me is the multiple rail signals in pak128's rail menu.
Why is there an early_, classic_, and modern_ version for many of the signals? Is there any difference between, for example, an EndofChooseSignal and a modern_EndofChooseSignal?

cascadia

Quote from: SemiNormal on May 15, 2009, 01:41:07 AM
New Simutrans player here. While I am slowly starting to understand the complexity of the game one thing that puzzles me is the multiple rail signals in pak128's rail menu.
Why is there an early_, classic_, and modern_ version for many of the signals? Is there any difference between, for example, an EndofChooseSignal and a modern_EndofChooseSignal?

If you have chronology on, the signals' graphics change over time, along with the things and vehicles you can build.

SemiNormal

That would explain it since I had chronology unchecked.
Thanks.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Welcome to Simutrans! :D

If you want to make things even more complex, check out http://addons.simutrans.com/ :-) (In fact, I don't think there's any rail signals there, but there is a lot of fun stuff you can add to pak128, among other paks... :) )