News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[Praise] The Experimental version is great !

Started by dantedarkstar, May 17, 2009, 04:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantedarkstar

Since I posted enough problems ;D , it's time for something GOOD !

I like the Experimental simutrans version a lot ! Especially the replacement tool is like a gift from heavens ! I always would love to have something like that in simutrans, but didn't dare to ask. You know, it seemed like not so easy to do, and people making simutrans seem very busy (for a reason, heh).

So far the most charming feature was the replacement tool. I also noticed the increased local transport (something I also thought should be in !), even if the change is not drastic.
I also like the new turning speed limitations (always thought drag on turns should be eightfold(!) higher than normal). I cut them a bit in the config file (yay, I can do that now !), but they still are great.
I couldn't feel any definitive impact of the new routing, but that's because I don't have large network yet. But haven't encoutered any oddities (like people ignoring shiny trains and going with barely rolling buses through some remote hamlet just because so).

I have experienced slightly reduced overall performance, but that's ok. All the goodies are worth a small hit like that !

Good Work !

Links+Tutorial: Make heightmap of any part of world !
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=2210.0

jamespetts

Dante,

I am very glad that you like it! It is most worthwhile to know that all the work has not been in vain. As to the replacement feature, thank Isidoro, for it is mostly his work (although I integrated it into other Simutrans-Experimental features, and removed one or two bugs). If you want, you can also adjust the proportion of local traffic using settings in simuconf.tab, too.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Bernd Gabriel

I love these experimental features, too!

Especially those, that meet my suggestions ;) (maintenance penalities for old vehicles).

I just started to prepare raven's "19th Century" pak for the experimental extensions and will upload it ASAP.
The journey is the reward!

jamespetts

Bernd,

that is excellent news! Do post a new thread in this forum when you get it uploaded. I am very pleased that you like Simutrans-Experimental!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

dantedarkstar

I stopped playing the standard version when I got hands on experimental one  ;D

The replacement tool and more sensible routing are two features that are the most "prominent" about experimental. And I like both.

Links+Tutorial: Make heightmap of any part of world !
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=2210.0