News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

PR#650 - [GUI] Player list UI code update

Started by Ranran, April 28, 2024, 02:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran

Although the GUI code was now based on aligned containers, some dialogs were still left behind with legacy code.
Those are two dialogs: player list and schedule list.
Pull request 650 finally updates one of them. Extended has an inherent company takeover feature and I'm not familiar with the code so this task has been put off until now.
And only one monster remains...

There were many differences from the standard, and we had to review the code, including update conditions and processing order.
I took this opportunity to make some changes aimed at improving usability. Since I was porting the code one by one, we need to carefully check that no functionality is lost.
It also fixes several existing bugs discovered during the work.

A summary is in the commit message.
CHG: Easily identify locked players using symbols
CHG: Avoid using check buttons that cannot be changed forever
FIX: The activation button is displayed in the wrong place
FIX: liquidation label position is incorrect
FIX: Some tooltips are untranslatable
FIX: The content of the tooltip placed on the button is incorrect

Previously, it was unclear whether players were password protected.
That is, the difference between a player who was free to use it and a player who you unlocked was unclear.
For example, in the image above, you unlocked the key on Player 3. However, it turns out that the keys for players 1 and 2 remain locked. The important thing is to know if Player 3 is at risk of being compromised by another player, that is, if the key is missing. You have free control over Player 3 and Player 4, but not the other players.
If selected theme has a key symbol, this difference will be obvious. Otherwise, it's the same as before.

Some unnecessary buttons will be hidden. For example, it makes no sense to give yourself permission.

I think it would be easier for players to recognize the difference if the button that cannot be pressed is not a check button.
In other words, whether the other company has given permission to me. I have often been confused by this check button. I'd be interested in other players' opinions on this.

The Cancel button for your company for sale has been moved into the list.

Symbols are now placed on the buttons to make it easier to understand the status of each company.

This patch can be merged before the standard commit import.

Some texts that were previously untranslatable are now translatable. Translators should check that the tooltips and button text in this dialog are translated correctly.
pak.256やpak.nipponのような複数タイル市内建築物があるpakセットはextendedではちゃんと遊べません。それどころかextendedの追い越し機能はバグまみれで修正が難しくなっており、都市機能および道路機能というゲーム土台部分を壊し、開発作業&コードメンテナンスの足かせになっている。それは最終的にプレイヤーの損失に他ならない。その原因は全て1人の日本人=ひめし@himeshi_hob(THleaderH)によるもの。周囲のアドバイスをガン無視して結局実装されてしまった。彼は問題を認識しつつ5年以上放置して今なおOTRPの開発を続けている。あまりにも身勝手で無責任。日本の人達はそういう事実にちゃんと目を向けるべき(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you very much for this - this does look good. One or two small things need to be addressed before this is incorporated, however. First of all, the name/password button. On the current dialogue, that button is underneath text stating "Name/password" and the player list is underneath text stating "player". This makes it (fairly) clear that this button allows the user to change the company's name or set its password.

However, the revised dialogue has removed the "player" text and moved "Name/password" to the left so that this no longer refers specifically to the button. Thus, it is not clear just from looking at the interface what this grey square next to the player name does. There is also no mouseover text. We definitely need something to make this clearer - if I were new to the game, I should have guessed that pressing the company's name will allow me to change its name and set a password, but this in fact brings up its finances window. I would suggest restoring the original column text and additionally adding a mouseover tooltip to the buttons, as, when none of them have a lock on them, it is not clear what these buttons mean.

Secondly, I notice that it is no longer to set/unset the public player's access to one's ways and stops. This feature does need to be available, as allows players to make private roads on which private cars cannot pass by default.

Thank you again for your work on this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran

Thank you for the test.

The button to allow access to public player is now displayed.

Tooltips have been placed on password buttons and symbols.
pak.256やpak.nipponのような複数タイル市内建築物があるpakセットはextendedではちゃんと遊べません。それどころかextendedの追い越し機能はバグまみれで修正が難しくなっており、都市機能および道路機能というゲーム土台部分を壊し、開発作業&コードメンテナンスの足かせになっている。それは最終的にプレイヤーの損失に他ならない。その原因は全て1人の日本人=ひめし@himeshi_hob(THleaderH)によるもの。周囲のアドバイスをガン無視して結局実装されてしまった。彼は問題を認識しつつ5年以上放置して今なおOTRPの開発を続けている。あまりにも身勝手で無責任。日本の人達はそういう事実にちゃんと目を向けるべき(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran(retired) on May 05, 2024, 02:29:36 PMThank you for the test.

The button to allow access to public player is now displayed.

Tooltips have been placed on password buttons and symbols.
Excellent, thank you. Now incorporated.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.