News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

City monuments not listed in "attractions" list

Started by neroden, May 01, 2010, 02:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neroden

I'm not sure when this happened, but it's very annoying.  (Especially when I'm going "OK, where's a big monument in a city....")

jamespetts

Neroden,

I have tested this, and the behaviour is identical in the latest nightly of Standard. I am therefore moving this to the standard development and bug reports section. Thank you for reporting!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

neroden

Quote from: prissi on May 01, 2010, 07:21:24 PM
They were never listed ...

Huh.  You're right. I see your point.  :-)

In certain paks the monuments have very large passenger counts (well, frankly even in pak64, but some paks are much more extreme) and it's useful to try to find cities with some/lots of them.  So I guess consider it a feature request.

I'm not quite sure what determines the difference between a "city attraction" and a "monument" in gameplay terms... perhaps some of the high-passenger-count "monument"s in pak128.britain should be reclassified as "city attractions" and that would be sufficient.

Anyway I discovered that not all monuments are getting properly listed in the *map editor* tools in pak128.britain-experimental, and they certainly should be listed *there*.  I guess that's a different bug.

Dwachs

Quote from: neroden on May 02, 2010, 01:52:07 AM
I'm not quite sure what determines the difference between a "city attraction" and a "monument" in gameplay terms... perhaps some of the high-passenger-count "monument"s in pak128.britain should be reclassified as "city attractions" and that would be sufficient.
A monument is only built once on a map.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

In the map editor, only monuments which were not built yet should be listened.

neroden

Quote from: Dwachs on May 02, 2010, 09:57:19 AM
A monument is only built once on a map.

This is interesting!

They should definitely be listed in the "Attractions" list for gameplay purposes.  EDIT:  I'll try to make a patch, I bet I can do that.
EDIT 2: No, I can't find the right part of the code.  :(

prissi

gui/tourist_frame.cc and -...stats.cc

And for building: attraction_edit.cc

neroden

Sadly those are not the places I couldn't figure out.  Is "denkmal" the same as "monument"?  I may have to do some translation before I can really figure out what's going on.