News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Powerplants and new industry chains

Started by vilvoh, June 12, 2009, 05:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Maybe the factories but not the vehicles.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

diegoviagens

I would suggest to the coffee industry,
this being that since the last century that moves
economy of various countries.

could happen as follows?

Coffee plantation> local Browning> bagged coffee>
market
Simutrans - Orgulho de desenvolvimento no Brasil.

visit my site:www.andersongama.webs.com

vilvoh

Well, I have other industry chains in mind like wine, fruit juices, ice,  liquid gas, hardware tools and tobacco thus I take note of your suggestion... :)

skreyola

Quote from: vilvoh on September 18, 2010, 09:49:05 PM
Well, I have other industry chains in mind like wine, fruit juices, ice,  liquid gas, hardware tools and tobacco thus I take note of your suggestion... :)
I have seen a fruit>wine>market chain in pak64 before. But I'm sure if you undertake to build a wine chain, it will be cool.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

vilvoh

The original idea for all these food chains was to centralize the end part of the chain and have the same end consumer for all. Perhaps a mall center or a set of small and medium shops that consume all these products (juice, wine, tobacco, coffe, ice, etc..)

skreyola

I wouldn't mind seeing a new Shopping Center end factory. The one in the old food chains pakset is huge on the map. I think it is too big. (and along with a new market, I wouldn't mind seeing the other factories. It could be a great improvement, and if not, then certainly interesting)
--Skreyola

vilvoh

The new shopping center I'm planning is a 3x3 building (minimark). I've to add some lights, parking and cars.

http://graphics.simutrans.com/albums/userpics/10026/minimk.png

skreyola

Looks good. Are you going to add marks for the parking spaces, or are they invisible from this distance?
--Skreyola

vilvoh

skreyola

--Skreyola

BigHorseLover

i would also like very much to see a new end market that all beverage and food products go to just like in the real world.The ones that exsist now only have a few products going to them and most of these dont make sense that they should be going to them.Like furniture going to a supermarket that should be going to a department store instead.

I would also like to see some new industry chains like a textile mill,glass factory,rubber plantation,rubber factory,vehicle parts factory,vehicle parts store,coffee farm to cannery,vegetable farm,nuts farm,fruits farm,produce farm,candy factory,coco bean farm,toy and game factory,tool and dye factory,paint factory,mineral ores mine,metal ores mine,metals factory,gems mine,department store,vehicle plant,aircraft plant,marine craft plant,heavy equipment plant.These are some of the industries that I would like to see.

greenling

I hate be looking the photo from the minimk on and must be said it´s look be nice!

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

electroduck

I would suggest this industry chain

New factories input and output things.
New producers output things.
Old items are existing factories.
EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=

vilvoh

I like the idea although I usually try not to create complex chains, but what does the Natural Gas rig produce that can be consumed by the Paper and Concrete factories? I don't see the relationship.

Combuijs

Quotebut what does the Natural Gas rig produce that can be consumed by the Paper and Concrete factories?

I guess it provides the energy to produce paper from wood. It's the same as for example with a steel factory. Iron ore itself is enough to produce steel, but you need energy in some way to transform it. In the steel factory case it is coal.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

DirrrtyDirk

IIRC, that's not entirely correct. The coal is needed to get the oxygen out of the iron ore by chemical reaction, not for power supply as such...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

For steel mills, either you burn the coal to melt your iron directly, or you have your own power plant. Plus, you process raw coal into coke.

For paper, you need... water?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

electroduck

EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=

greenling

Natural Gas cam to a Natuarl gas Cleaner!
From there cames to a Gasoline Station there be sells as Fulls for Cars,Trucks and Buses!
The useage in a Gas Power plant it enable!
Natural Gas can be use in a concrete factory to bake lightgasconcrete.

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

paco_m

Quote from: greenling on March 05, 2011, 03:53:23 PM
Natural Gas can be use in a concrete factory to bake lightgasconcrete.

This is a misunderstanding, what we call in german "Gasbeton" means autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) and has absolutely nothing to do with natural gas. Actually you add some aluminium particles to the cement which convert in the mixing process (adding water and other ingredients) into an hydrogen-gas. However this kind of gas is moreless like air (also a gas, chemically).
No natural gas is used in the AAC production.

Quote from: electroduck on February 27, 2011, 07:50:37 PM
check this out:
http://www.electroduck.com/simutrans/NGasE.pdf
This document is referring to natural gas as an energy for gas fired furnace (heating process).
Alternatively you can use coal or electricity to get the required temperature so natural gas can be an energy supply but is no raw material for the mentioned factories (paper, concrete).

electroduck

EAT BASE 64!

paco_m

Paper factories or water bottling plants are always situated close to the spring so you never have a transport from a well/pump to the factory (except pipelines, but we don't have pipes in simutrans ;) )

tuxianer1988

Hey vilvoh,

it is still in development. I am very impressed by the graphics especially of the Bio Gas chain ! I would really look forward integrat this into my personal customized pak64.german ?

Thanks for your repley !

Greetz

vilvoh

I haven't started anything from the gas chain. I'm still gathering images for the models.

Optimus Prime

Gr8 work on the powerplants and industries!
Congratulations!
Wonder. If someone could build a computer industry, consuming plastic, steel, wires etc., coz i went 2 get one from a source, but it was unavailable.
With regards from
Optimus Prime

IgorEliezer

O.P., I just want to point out you've just replied a 2-year-old inactive topic. ^^'

Lauscher

Hello everyone, I work with Simutrans pak 128 v0.10.0 rev 8024 I try to test many addons that are not contained in it and put in the version. Often a bug comes and you have to delete the addon. What particularly bothers me is when downloadfile does not work and the links are not valid.
Here especially this link again (factory.North Sea Oil Rig.pak.zip) I could still call many other files or show here in the forum.
My question is where can I download these files or who sends me this by mail.
I would like to test them then a version of the whole file to provide.
My mail: hum.waurichen@googlemail.com

Lauscher = Uwe