News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

try to run simutrans on a ppc mac os x 10.4 ...

Started by Matthi205, June 18, 2009, 02:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthi205

...and you will fail.I tried all,even starting out of the terminal,but it does not run,because it says "cannot execute file".happening to someone other too?

PS:I am using linux now,just soon that makeobj doesn't work there.even on the mac of my mother which is newer and with an older macosx it doesn't run.now using win vista on a toshiba satellite.

PPS:correct the wiki article about this
The Green Mage of Darkness living in the summer hell and in the country where it snows till May with -21 *C  ;D

Lmallet

Quote from: Matthi205 on June 18, 2009, 02:05:52 AM
...and you will fail.I tried all,even starting out of the terminal,but it does not run,because it says "cannot execute file".happening to someone other too?

PowerPC?  Simutrans only works on Intel-based Macs as of now, I doubt there are any intentions of releasing it for PowerPC (well, you could always download the code, modify it for PPC and compile it :) ).

PS:I am using linux now,just soon that makeobj doesn't work there.even on the mac of my mother which is newer and with an older macosx it doesn't run.now using win vista on a toshiba satellite.
Can you clarify this more? If you are running Linux on PPC (looks like it from what you mentionned in another post), Makeobj won't work (only compiled for Intel CPUs).  There is also no Mac version of Makeobj as far as I know.

PPS:correct the wiki article about this
Which wiki article are you referring to?

prissi

makeobj for PPC must be compiled yourself. There are also version of simutrans for MacOS PPC compiled in an emulator by me. However, this does not support sound and takes about two hours. At least for older version there should be PowerPC MacOS binaries available.

wernieman

You could try the nightly Version. I compile for pcc, but nobody test it (I have no MAC)
I hope you understand my English

Matthi205

The actual problem is :I had downloaded a ppc executable(I forgot the exact version,maybe 99.0?) but didn't run.About makeobj:it was included in the package apt-get provided me with,and it ran.

PS:I am reffering to the "what you need to play simutrans" article in the german wiki (probably this is also in the english wiki?).

PPS:Yes,I am using Debian now,not MacOSX.For now I don't have any problems except the map generation takes too long(900Mhz CPU,160MB RAM,512 MB swap).

PPPS:I am not sure which proccesor the mac of my mother has(pentium or ppc?),but,it lies in Bulgaria,too far away from Thailand,and,additionally,I dont know how to make a virtual pc.
The Green Mage of Darkness living in the summer hell and in the country where it snows till May with -21 *C  ;D

wernieman

We don´t make an universal binary for MAC, so you must look to you prozessor or try ....

Do you try the MAC-Version from the nightly-Side?
(See Signature)
I hope you understand my English