News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Population

Started by Anime, June 23, 2009, 11:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anime

Another noobish question  ;D
How do you get more population and thus make your cities grow? In the 'Rogaland' challenge topic I saw some huge villages, but at the beginning they we're really small.

Anime

sojo

You have to transport passangers, post and goods. If you transport a lot of them, then the cities grow faster.

Look at the city-dialog, there is a number for city-growing between the ().
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

vilvoh

Some quick tips:

• Cities will only grow if almost all of them are connected, but you should start with serving denser areas (city centers) and tourist attractions.
  • Cover as many of the buildings of the city with your stations, and transport as many passengers and mail as you can.

To sum up, cities will grow when you (quote from archive)

Quotea) transport passengers to, from and within the city
b) transport mail to, from and within the city
c) keep the industries supplied that the city has people working in (though I still don't understand the conditions for this one completely)

Best growth rate is accomplished by doing all three of course

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Anime

VS

Some industries add passengers (noticeable amounts) as well. The steel mill with 105 is really good to connect - if its workers come from more cities, it's a massive helper. Apart from that, brewery and supermarket have high levels too.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Anime

Thanks VS, but when I connect the supermarket in Sandnes and that Steel Mill no passenger travel to them :x

VS

Quote from: VS on June 23, 2009, 04:03:57 PM
if its workers come from more cities
-> look at "workers live in"

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Anime

Severous

Hi

Ive looked at your save.  The supermarket in not connected.  Bus stops reach out two tiles in each direction..just one short of connecting to the supermarket.  To prove this..demolish a house next to the bus stop (coordinates 225,184) then build a post office.  As you do this you will see the supermarket description change to include the connection to your station.

Those trains are profitable!  Might try one of those.  Does it matter that its not on good tracks..that it doesnt reach its full speed?  I believe the speed bonuses in standard simutrans dont check that sort of thing .
Regards
Sev.