News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Can I destroy computer controlled city cars?

Started by Severous, June 27, 2009, 02:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severous

Hi

From time to time computer controlled vehicles appear amongst my convoys.  I can click on them to destroy/remove them.

Is there any effect?  Does population change, popularity alter...indeed is there any effect what so ever?
Regards
Sev.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

There is an effect!

...the car you delete disappears.

;-)

Severous

Thank you for your replies.

Ive found AI controlled cars in, and sometimes causing, traffic jams. 

So I will offer a scrapage scheme to the citizens.  If I see them causing a problem, or potential problem, they get an instant scrap of their vehicle and instant teleport to their destination. Think of the petrol they save :-) Good deal or what!
Regards
Sev.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

If you watch the citycars, you'll quickly notice they drive randomly - and exist mostly to annoy you... ;-)

gauthier

you can reduce the traffic by these ways :
_ settings => traffic rate (or something like this, I play in French so I don't know the exact name in English)
_ create (with public service to avoid losing money) a highway network, more roads = less cars ;)
_ build dirt roads everywhere to suck the traffic :) (but keep your convoys out of them).

Isaac Eiland-Hall

And if you're particularly mean - you can create a few long stretches of road and put one-way signs so that cars get in, but can't get back out. Kinda like a roach motel, only for cars! :D

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Roach Motel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roach_Motel_(insect_trap)

A box that roaches can get into, but not back out of. Ads ran over here (US) in the 80's or so... I seem to recall the advert slogan as something like "Roaches check in, but they don't check out!" :-)

prissi

In japanese kokiburi Hoihoi. Actually quite effective against coakroaches, when I was in japan.