News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

open PAK128

Started by wernieman, June 29, 2009, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wernieman

Hey,

since today there is at the nightly Homepage a simupakopen128-Part.

This is a generation of the PAK128 only with the Free Part of the PAK. So when the PAK128 will be OpenSource, then with these objects.

You can play a Game with the open128 with the pak128 too, but not in the other way, because there are some objects missing!

Feel free to test it .. and if you see somethink missing, paint and give us your grafik!

Werner
I hope you understand my English

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Ooh! Nice! :D

Is it easy to direct me to where the source for the pak is? When I have time (eventually), I want to make roads again, but I"m no artist - I mod existing graphics.. hehe

wernieman

The Problem:
At now it is the same source, only in the generation is a Flag only to use the "open" Part.

For the access ... ask VS ...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Ah, okay, no worries. I'll be patient -- there's really really no rush; I won't have time to work on this for a while anyway, so I'll wait until it's already out there anyway :) Thanks :)

jamespetts

I shall look forward to the source release with the possibility of pilfering things for Pak128.Britain ;-)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wernieman

If you give me Information about PAKing PAK128.britain I could make a nightly too ;o)

jamespetts

That would be excellent! What information do you need?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

wernieman

How to make it ...

PAK64 use make
PAK192 and PAK128 use a phytion-Scipt

If you give Information, how do you make the PAK, then I could wirte the script if you whant.

jamespetts

Hmm, it's probably best to ask The Hood for that information - he'd know the correct setup.

The Hood

@wernieman:
I'd be very interested in having a nightly pak128.Britain (although it might be more "weekly" or "monthly" ;)) - I think it would be good to try and set it up once I've got the next release out (next couple of days hopefully), so bugfixes and re-balancing can be tried out easily from the SVN.

Currently I make each bit separately from a source folder using makeobj.  Presumably I could automate that with a script to compile the whole sources into a full pakset, is that what you mean?

wernieman

Michael 'Cruzer'

Quote from: The Hood on July 04, 2009, 01:51:31 PM
@wernieman:
I'd be very interested in having a nightly pak128.Britain (although it might be more "weekly" or "monthly" ;)) - I think it would be good to try and set it up once I've got the next release out (next couple of days hopefully), so bugfixes and re-balancing can be tried out easily from the SVN.

Currently I make each bit separately from a source folder using makeobj.  Presumably I could automate that with a script to compile the whole sources into a full pakset, is that what you mean?

Every Nightly-Pakset is build only once a week yet. (Every Monday)

If you make a build script I would recommend you to use a MakeObj Script language like Pakmak or MOSE, otherwise you will get problems with build it on differnt platforms (Windows, Linux, etc.)
Both script sytems are already running on werners nightly Server.
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

wernieman

But we could make for a spezial PAK a spezial run ... at example on at monce ...

But not daily (at the Moment)

The Hood

OK, so how do I use either of those?  I'm using Linux...

Michael 'Cruzer'

Quote from: The Hood on July 04, 2009, 04:06:18 PM
OK, so how do I use either of those?  I'm using Linux...

Do you mean how you could use MOSE or PakMak?
For MOSE I would write a script for youm if you want. It's ver yeasy, but you need Python 2.6 or newer!
How do use PakMak I don't use myself. Ask VS for that, he has written it.
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

Michael 'Cruzer'

I've write a mose script for you: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/pak128b_mose.zip
But the script has a small bug. When it compiles the ./trains/ directory, makeobj chrased by the 5th train with the message: "Ivalid pHYs
after IDat". This error means that there is a 32 bit image, but makeobj only can handle 24bit images. You have to find this 32 bit image and convert it to 24bit PNG. (You can to that with GIMP or InfranView)

How do install:
1.) Install Python 2.6 or 3.0: http://www.python.org/
2.) Extract the zip I uploaded on SimuGermany in the root directory of pak128.britain
3.) Rename the file "parameter.mos.template" into "parameter.mos" and change the line "!OUTPUT=C:\xyz\" into the Output location you want and also change the line "!makeobj=C:\Windows\makeobj.exe" into the location of you makeobj executable.

Now you can run MOSE with command line parameters: "mose.py -x makeALL.mos"

The Hood

Wow that's fantastic, thanks!  re: the 32-bit image - I've never had that problem with makeobj (and I've re-compiled the trains on my working version just now) - do you know which file is dodgy?

Michael 'Cruzer'

Quote from: The Hood on July 04, 2009, 04:57:28 PM
Wow that's fantastic, thanks!  re: the 32-bit image - I've never had that problem with makeobj (and I've re-compiled the trains on my working version just now) - do you know which file is dodgy?

Sorry I've found the bug.
It's a Windows specific bug. Windows can't create files with special char like "?", "\", "*" and much more.
And there were some trains which were using this chars.

But I've make a workaround in the MOScript. It puts all the trains in one file file called: "vehicle.train.pak" Is this okay for you?
You could download the new script here: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/pak128b2_mose.zip

Now nearly everything works right, only one file doesn't get compiled: runaway.dat
It seems that there is a small mistake in it, becaue I can't compile it with using makeobj on shell too.

EDIT:
[/u]
I've found the mistake in the runaway.dat there was a error in the PNG file.
Here is the corrected version. Now EVERYTHING works.
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/runway.png

The Hood

OK, I can't get this to work.  I'm using linux, so as you said elsewhere, I put mose.py, makeobj, and parameter.mos in /usr/bin/ and renamed the output filepath, and put the makeobj location as simply "makeobj" (without the "s).  However when I run mose.py -x makeALL.mos I get ": No such file or directory".  Any ideas?

Michael 'Cruzer'

If your svn repository is in /usr/bin/pak128b/ you have to extract it there.
Then open the shell and change in this directory.
Then type in "./mose.py -x makeALL.mos" or if this doesn't work try "python ./mose.py -x makeALL.mos".

I hope it will work now.

The Hood

Thanks - but a different error message this time:

james@sherwood ~/simutrans/pak128-gb $ python ./mose.py -x makeALL.mos
./mose.py:179: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6
  File "./mose.py", line 179
    with open(prm, "r") as fobj:
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Michael 'Cruzer'

Do you really have Python 2.6? This sounds like Python 2.5.4.
This error message means that your Python version is to old.

The Hood

You are right.  Now to work out why my system hasn't automatically updated to the latest version...

Edit: Works fine now - really helpful system you made there!

wernieman

Or if you only whant to use a simple Linux Script without Windows support ... call me ;o)

The Hood

It's OK - Cruzer's script is working fine now so I'll use that.  Once I've finished getting the next release together, I will include the MOSE script in SVN on sourceforge, so you can dowload everything including the script from there and use that.  If you need more info, then we can talk about what you need.