News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

No concrete truck in 1930

Started by Nathan Samson, June 30, 2009, 10:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan Samson

HI,

I'm playing simutrans-experimental with pak128 (1.4.5 I believe)

Their is a whole industry chain with cement to concrete to material wholesale. Only one problem: their is no road-truck to mvoe the cement from the concrete mixer to the wholesale. I had to build a train for this (for a short distance).

Is this intendend?

Btw: is their a complete reference of all trucks/rails and so on for pak128?

Zeno

You can purchase an obsolete road vehicle if it exists. Try it by checking the "show obsolete" options in the road depot.
Anyway, we'll take a look to the road cement vehicles and its timeline.
For a complete reference just start a game without timeline restriction and take a look at the depot.
Thanks for reporting!

Edit: There are no road vehicles for cement transporting until june 1921; Which date shows your game currently?
Edit2: Timeline is complete from 1921 till end of game, so your game probably is before 1921 and using timeline. If so, train is your only solution, but only is available after 1908.

Nathan Samson

Sorry: my mistake

Their are cement trucks, but I wanted to write concrete trucks.

Their are no concrete trucks in 1930 (obviously with timeline enabled), their are concrete industries so I find it logical that their are concrete trucks, but that does not seem to be the case...

EDIT: it is only in 1946 that a concrete truck appears in pak128
EDIT 2: That while (according to wikipedia) the first concrete trucks was patented (so I guess already manufacterd) in 1916

"Stephen Stepanian filed a patent application for the first truck mixer in 1916. [1] Trucks weigh 20,000 pounds (9,100 kg) to 30,000 pounds (14,000 kg), and can carry roughly 40,000 pounds (18,000 kg) of concrete although many varying sizes of Mixer Truck are currently in use. The most common truck capacity is 8 cubic yards (6 m3)."

Zeno

Ops, the first one for concrete appears in 1946, so there's no way of transporting concrete by road in a timeline game before that date.
Anyway, if you want to draw a truck for the 1930-1946 period, we will welcome it!! ;D

Roads

Version 111.0, Nov 1, 2011, r4911

Guys, I have all my factories built, have produced concrete and there's no concrete truck available!  The year is January 1941 and there are two cement trucks...

I really hate to reload the game prior to building the factories.  Is there somewhere I can download the truck and maybe do an addon or something?

An_dz

What's you pakset? We can't help if we don't know it.

Roads

An_dz

It looks like a pakset bug, the first concrete vehicle have intro date in June 1946.

Roads

@Igor

Thank you and sorry for the trouble.  I should have realized I was posting this in the wrong place.

@An_dz

Although I didn't want to reload, since you've told me when I can get the concrete truck, I'll do just that...good info!  Thank you much!

Zeno

A couple of things can happen here:
1) It is considered that concrete transport wasn't made by road until 1946, so no trucks until that date, or...
2) Concrete truck for the previous time period was copyrighted and removed when moved to open source (which is more probable)

You can also provide some info and/or a couple of pics as suggestion for new vehicle, and someone might paint such a truck...

Roads

@Zeno

Good to know the reason(s) the truck is not available anymore.  Thank you.  I could be wrong but I'm almost sure it was in previous versions.  As for concrete not being available by truck until 1946, that may be true for some countries but in the U.S., Wilson dam, for example, was built on the Tennessee River sometime around 1920, if memory serves.  In fact I think Hoover dam was built before 1946.  The reason I mention these dams is that they required a huge amount of concrete to build and I'm 99% sure they used trucks.

As for getting a new truck added to the game, I'll put that on my "to do" list.  Since there are many other avenues to explore in the game, like I said before, this is not a biggie nor is it a priority.  I should have checked before I began the concrete chain...

VS

I think there never was a concrete truck for that period (in pak128)... concrete has always been neglected.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

martin

VS is right, the same question already popped up in 2009. See:  http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=2594.0

Did some investigating. Ready mixed (on a central site/factory)  concrete was hauled by dumptrucks for the first time around 1915. Before that concrete was mixed on site. The first horizontal drum truck mixer – the Paris Transit Mixer – debuted in 1927....

Fabio

Added since r879, with intro 1924