News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Older city buildings on map creation

Started by The Hood, July 06, 2009, 06:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hood

Quite a simple one really - at the moment when a new map is created, cities are entirely built from buildings that are available in the starting year.  What I propose is on map creation (NOT founding a new city after map creation) that all city buildings that are of the starting year OR OLDER can be used - this would mean more varied cities that give the impression of age (e.g. if you started in 1950 you would then be able to see 1800s buildings).

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

Yes, it is considered; but it would need additional pak set parameter. Maybe in cityrules.tab, like earliest starting year for growth and so on.

The Hood

@prissi, I'm afraid I don't understand what additional parameter is necessary?  Could you explain more please?  I was thinking that for map creation in year x, all buildings with retire year <=x can be built.  For growth in game, or cities built by the player in game, at year y only buildings with start year >= y and retire year  <= y should be built.  In my idea, all the parameters are currently in the pak, unless I'm missing something?

prissi

Normally pak's highest level changest with time. As a result the center will be usually always with the newest buildings, even though though older are still there. This effect would be lessen when, for instance, growthd start at 1471 and is done each year according to the final number.