News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Adding files to sourceforge

Started by The Hood, July 07, 2009, 06:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hood

I now have a new version of pak128.Britain to release and I want to put it on SourceForge for Download.  How do I do this?

VS

First, project admin (prissi, FrankP, Hajo) must allow you to do so. Then... read the confusing documentation, fail a few attempts at uploading, then explore the various nice buttons at missile release center... :P Releasing is easiest if you look at how other releases are done by editing them (not saving!).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

IgorEliezer

VS, with that all optimism, you'd be an excellent leader. ::)

jamespetts

Aha - the official release nears! I should be rather interested in adding the Experimental version of Pak128.Britain in due course, too...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

@jamespetts
Indeed it does - last chance for you to add any extras...

@VS
Last time Frank did it all for me so I wouldn't know.  Maybe if one of the admins is feeling kind again they will offer to put it up  ;) - or explain to me how to do it...

VS

Quote from: IgorTekton on July 07, 2009, 07:00:24 PM
VS, with that all optimism, you'd be an excellent leader. ::)
No, thanks. I actually did it just as I wrote, and finally succeeded.

Hood - either that, or learn it yourself. Wouldn't it look good on your CV that you can release projects on world's leading open source software repository ;D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Unfourtunately the sourceforge ui gets more confusing by every overhaul. Before they had the same for eight years and now changing it every twenty minutes ... sigh.

The Hood

Do you know how I can add a package though?