News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[Bug] Faulty town halls

Started by jamespetts, July 08, 2009, 10:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I have noticed that the town halls in the release version do not work: the graphics do not show in the game: instead there is a void where the town hall should be.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Is that on new maps only or also on demo.sve?  I'm pretty it was working when I tested it... Strange

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Do they work if you build them from SVN? (although I noticed the dimensions should be 2,2,1 not 2,2,4 in SVN, but that isn't the case on my local copy...

jamespetts

No, the same problem arises if they are built from the SVN. An older version worked, but I am not at home now, and cannot check what the difference is between the older and newer versions...

The Hood

I suspect it's something to do with the rotations (I experimented with 4 rotations, but it produced some very strange alignments with roads so I dropped it, but obviously that hasn't been changed fully).  Again I am at work now so can't check properly.

The Hood

I cannot reproduce this.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

sanna

I have empty spaces for town halls as well, at least for the 1x1.

The 2x2 are sometimes there and sometimes not...  In some rotations part of the town hall is visible, but then the square is not clickable to open the info window (which it is non-rotated).

I have also experienced a great number of segfaults during map creation at the stage: Message: stadt_t::check_bau_rathaus(): add townhall (bev=180, ptr=0xb7af848) which might be related to this issue or not.... If I put the number of cities real high, I can provoke this almost every time.

Frank

all townhalls have dat errors

dims is wrong

is: Dims=2,2,4

must: Dims=2,2,1

The Hood

AFAIK the ones in the release were built from sources with Dims=2,2 (i.e. not the SVN which I've now corrected).  I am just releasing a new version so we will see if that fixes the problem (it definitely works on my setup, Linux with r2569).