News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Release of Pak128.Britain 1.02 (bugfixes)

Started by jamespetts, July 11, 2009, 03:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

A new version of Pak128.Britain has been released: download it here. This release fixes a bug identified in the previous version, 1.01. If you have version 1.01 and are having trouble with it, downloading this new version is recommended. It is also recommended that anyone using the original release, 1.0, download this new version, as there were a number of significant bugs in 1.0.

Changes

• FIX: Bookshop (1950) industry duplicated
  • ADD: Partial Japanese translation (Simutranslator)

Feedback and testing

Thank you to all those who spotted bugs in the previous version of Pak128.Britain. Any further feedback would be very much appreciated, including (but not just) bug reports, impressions and/or analysis as to how well-balanced that the set is, and screenshots of your British themed transport empires.

This is still a beta version, and lacks: (1) non-passenger road vehicles; (2) boats; and (3) aircraft. The set is designed to be playable from 1750, although, because of the absence of boats, starting before 1830 (the dawn of the railway age) is not currently recommended. Because of the absence of non-passenger road vehicles, players are recommended to stick to passenger and bulk freight networks for the present.

Contributing to Pak128.Britain

Whereas most paksets have large numbers of contributors, Pak128.Britain is mostly the work of two people (Kieron Green and James Hood). Anyone wanting to contribute to Pak128.Britain, whether by testing, creating graphics, or researching and balancing, would be very welcome to do so. See this thread for further information.

Have fun!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

LeifInge

FATAL ERROR
building 1950s TerminalBuildingEntrance duplicated

jamespetts

Thank you for the report and the fix - re-uploading the file with the fix applied now.

The Hood

Thanks to James for actually doing the release while I was away :)

As there don't seem to be any critical bugs in this release, could someone with the right permissions please release this on Sourceforge?  Thanks... Link in first post updated

Maragil

Eerm, 2 things -

On the first screen, the balance is shown as -786,000 or something...
And where are the config files? Am I meant to drag them over from Pak128?
Never mind, found them( forgot to import them :D)

Edit: Won't Load... It loads about 9/10 of it, then freezes.

H./

The Hood

The highly negative balance in the demo is the result of building something that looks good to show off without worrying about money...

As for "won't load" - what won't load?  Saves?  The game?  New maps? 

Maragil

When I try and start a map, whether I'm loading, or starting a new map it freezes at 9/10 :(

Edit: However, if i clear the screen of the boxes at the start, I can build trains on the first map. (With the negative balance)

Edit: It worked at last- just takes a long time to load... ?
Edit: Big Maps Not Working

H./

jamespetts

When you say not working, what do you mean?

The Hood

This is likely to be because there are too many industries for the number of cities / amount of space on the map.  Try reducing the number of industries, or just wait longer...