News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Historical vehicles

Started by Fabio, September 12, 2009, 08:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

In Real World TM vintage lines are becoming rather fashionable (e.g. http://www.atts.to.it/index_e.php , some tram lines in San Francisco or many railways lines in Switzerland)
I would suggest the following:
retired vehicles for more than 50 years (specially if already owned by the player) are historical vehicles and could be used to serve TOURIST line. For tourist line i mean lines connecting one or more tourist attractions. Passengers from/to tourist attraction could pay a bonus to run on a historical vehicle. This bonus would compensate for the negative or no speed bonus, or they could even give an incentive to the use of such vehicles.

colonyan

This sounds interesting.
Well atleast, sanfransisco is good tourist destination not only because of the tram line it has.

It will give more place to live for tram.

Ashley

This is a nice (fun) idea. I'd suggest making it so that this is only available as a feature with the timeline turned on (so players cannot just buy old vehicles as new and run them like this). E.g. it would have to be an old vehicle you bought when it was current technology and have kept around for a long time afterwards. Might give an incentive not to sell off all of your old vehicles :)
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

jap train fan

skreyola

--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Please note that this request is nearly a year old. Of course, since I'm posting that, I'll also add I think it's a nice idea... :)

Caspercom

I have to agree that it sounds like a great thing to add to the game. I also agree with Timothy on not being able to use it when using freeplay.

There is however, one downside to this system, namely the fact that even without playing without the timeline it can be easily exploited using Public service. Lay out some tram tracks, build 2 stations, surround them with the best tourist attractions and you have yourself a tourist line on-demand.

60% of all people on forums have witty signatures. Copy this if you like cookies.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I think you mean "timeline" rather than "freeplay". :-)

Caspercom

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on July 31, 2010, 04:15:06 PM
I think you mean "timeline" rather than "freeplay". :-)

Stupid terminology. I'm used to calling "playing without certain rules" freeplay. ;D

60% of all people on forums have witty signatures. Copy this if you like cookies.