News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Question on mail service

Started by colonyan, July 14, 2009, 03:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonyan

Commercial buildings generate most mail and city industry does the least.
    Game builds commercial, residential and industry in the way they group themselves in city to some degree.
    I see this as game making some effort to give more content by differentiating buildings behavior.

Does any one who comes to forum regulary (or not) designate mail route so that it visit commercial zone more
    and industry zone less?

I think game can shrink its complexity on this matter and give more content on other direction.
    1.Not many people serve mail that seriously from first place since cities still does grow without serving them at satisactory level.
    2.Just setting up mail is pain. Giving special care on them is too much...
   2 above are of my opinion. What do you think?

Combuijs

I often create mail-routes, usually the same as the passengers routes. When passenger traffic is increasing, I choose other transport solutions. For example I start with transporting mail and passengers by car. When passenger traffic is growing out of hand I use trams, while I keep the mail transported by cars.

In intercity connections I have usually very fast passenger trains, and if necessary (a) parallel track(s) for mail, because mail transport is slower.

So I take mail seriously. I never make special routes for commercial zones though. I connect the same stations as for passengers.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

colonyan

Thanks for answer.
I guess game can make it self lighter by no making difference of mail production based on city building type.

Severous

Hi

In the Ragoland challenge city population was the victory condition. So mail had to be given complete coverage to maximize the city growth caused by mail travels.  I didn't prefer commercial over industrial..all had to be serviced. 

Bigger producers of mail or passengers would naturally be given a higher priority for connection if funds were limited.
Regards
Sev.

colonyan

I see. In challengin mode, it will have more sense. Thanks for your time. :)