News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Another Weight Limit Change Request for Pak128

Started by mwoodburn81, July 15, 2009, 06:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwoodburn81

VS or to whom it may concern,

Since weight limits issues have come up in the last couple days with simutrans-experimental  would it be possible to bump the weight limit for city roads up to 80tons?

There are some buses and trucks that weigh more than the current 25 limit, especially when they have a full load, and I find that when I have to transport goods (or even passengers if I am not careful what buses I pick)  through a city, if I place a gravel road down (which has a higher weight limit than city roads) frequently the city repaves over my roads with the lower weight limit and I get the "too heavy" warning message.

For me it is just a minor annoyance, if someone has the enforce weight limits option set to 2, this could become more problematic, as their convoys may get stuck when the city decides it times to pave a new city road.

Thanks in advance.

~Michael.

VS

I am leaving today, so if anyone else from pak128 team could... :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wernieman

Cityroads and 80 tons??

O.K. 25 are not enoug, but I think a normal City-road have 40 Tons (in Europe)

I would change it to 50 (40 + 10 buffer).

What do you think?
I hope you understand my English

Zeno

I find it reasonable. IMHO 80 tons look like too much.

A heavy truck+trailer can weight loaded between 40 and 50 tons, you won't find it inside a city but in a highway. So I find 50 tons could be excessive considering real life parameters; but it's true this becomes an annoying bug in Simutrans so I find it right to push up this limit to 50 tons.

Fabio

low weight cityroards would force players to think of alternative roads to cross/bypass cities, obviously paying for it.

wernieman

I don´t know it in the World, but in Eurrope it is Max 40T vor a "normal" Truck.  So i should use 40t??

T0m4S

I usually use trains... But I agree that it should be increased to 40t or 50t as you want. The actual limit is kind of annoying sometimes...

mwoodburn81

40 to 50t seams to be reasonable.  I originally suggested 80 tons, because that is what the gravel road was,  but looking in the depot, I don't see much of anything that  wouldn't be able to travel in city.

Edit: Grammar/Spelling.

knightly

Super Citybus I is 25t when empty and can hold 172 pax (each 85kg), meaning exactly 40t when full.  So, 40t weight limit is just enough.

ariarinen

Quote from: wernieman on July 16, 2009, 12:50:33 PM
I don´t know it in the World, but in Eurrope it is Max 40T vor a "normal" Truck.  So i should use 40t??
It can be up to 60tons but on the continent its max 40tons.

Special transports can be up to 90ton. 

wernieman

wernieman

But .. wait to Monday for a new version ;o)