News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Funny Simutrans promo videos...danke shein!!

Started by vilvoh, August 29, 2008, 05:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

I've done this simutrans promo based in Visa MasterCard ones. I hope you like it.... ;D

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=TNcqas4Ek-M

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

vilvoh

Now, I suppose would be better "have fun with them: not matter how long" instead of "have fun with them: priceless"....even though, thanks very much.... :)

DirrrtyDirk

Great stuff!

And I agree: instead of "priceless" something else would probably have fit better... and a minor (really minor) side note: some timespans appear to be exaggerated (by up to 200%).

Nevertheless, a very nice idea and well implemented!

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Qayyum

ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

PatrickN

"Have fun with them: priceless" was the perfect ending.  If not for that, it wouldn't have been right.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

Magpie

Very nice parody of that Visa card advertisement. ;D ;D

wipi35

Very good promotion of Simutrans. Well done!

vilvoh

Quote from: PatrickN on August 30, 2008, 02:50:23 AM
"Have fun with them: priceless" was the perfect ending.  If not for that, it wouldn't have been right.

Well, it also refers to the fact that simutrans is free of charge (free software)

Combuijs

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

IgorEliezer

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

(creativity is priceless)

Stubbsy

vilvoh

Thanks very much for all your comments. I'm thinking about doing another like the Soprano's intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUT07eZoXPw&feature=related

The main pros are that there's no text so everybody could undestand it (without knowing a concrete language) it lets us show different aspects (brigdes, industry, highway, train, planes, the country, the city, road signs, extension buildings, trucks, cars, monuments, the list is quite complete ) in a tour around Simutrans so we also show how the game works. And the music is very cool!!

P.S: the cons are that is going to be difficult to get the same images as the intro, and it would be also difficult to edit them to keep the image/music flow (althought the intro is about 1:37)

Spartanis

I SOOOOOO wanna see that on Commercial TV!! lmao.. fantastic!

mobo

Hm, somehow i didn't really get what you mean with this timespans. Shall it mean thats how long it takes to learn to drive that vehicle? That's what i concluded, or do you mean somthing different?

I got no sound on this PC here (at work) so maybe i'm missing some of the info.

Besides that it's really cool!

DirrrtyDirk

Yes, that's how I understood it, too.

And sound... there's just music playing - no vital information.

vilvoh

Quote from: mobo on September 16, 2008, 01:32:28 PM
Shall it mean thats how long it takes to learn to drive that vehicle?

I mean exactly that.. you got it!!  ;D

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 16, 2008, 01:55:18 PM
And sound... there's just music playing - no vital information.

The song is " Danke Schoen" from Brenda Lee

DirrrtyDirk

vilvoh

A new demo video about overtaking patch...link...could be considered as another way to promote simutrans.... :)

vilvoh

I've uploaded the fifteen first seconds of a new promo I'm working on. It's about all active paks you can play with in Simutrans (Hajo, 64, 64japan, 128, 128japan, 96 and germanpak). I hope you like it...

the link: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=5HK_QCBmXuE

VS

Hm... pak.japan looks rather crappy with all the snow and rice fields :( Just like all paks except official 64, afaict.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Alex. Brose

The music is nice.

The cities with all these highrises are looking ugly. I like small cities more. Or even big cities with some highrise buldings in the centre.

Keep it up, vilvoh. :)

vilvoh

First of all, thanks for the comments and advices.

Quote from: VS on September 22, 2008, 06:03:58 AM
Hm... pak.japan looks rather crappy with all the snow and rice fields :( Just like all paks except official 64, afaict.

In fact, pak64 japan works with 99.17.1, and the promo is supposed to be for paks that work with 100.0 but as I don't know if pak32 is still under development, I haven't included it..

Quote from: Alex. Brose on September 22, 2008, 06:27:54 AM
The cities with all these highrises are looking ugly. I like small cities more. Or even big cities with some highrise buldings in the centre.

I would like to show all kinds of cities, so I'll mix small and big cities. Anyway, almost all scenes will be focused in parts of the city, showing concrete tranporting scenes (hubs, loading bays, etc...) and curious buildings.

mobo

Quote from: vilvoh on September 22, 2008, 07:48:48 AM
...is supposed to be for paks that work with 100.0 but as I don't know if pak32 is still under development, I haven't included it..

Uhm, yes p32 comic should work with 100.0. I'm also still developing it from time to time (been lazy the last few weeks). You can run some trains buses and trucks in the early 1900 but they're not really balanced yet, so i wouldn't call it playable.

vilvoh

In that case, I'll not include it in this promo. I may do a small promo just for it.. ;)

mobo

That would be great! But you better do some other videos first until p32c has got some more stuff to show.

Alex. Brose

Vilvoh, it seems that you have too much freetime, hehe.

Or do you work for the simutrans company? ;-)
If yes who is the c.e.o.? ^^

vilvoh

Simutrans Marketing department, Vilvoh speaking, may I help you?......:D

Actually, I don't have as much free time as it seems... ::)...I'm back at home around 19:30 and I work a bit before and after dinner until 23:00. That leaves me 2 or 3 free hours by day, without counting the weekend.

Anyway, videos are not as difficult as it seems. Once you have the music and the general idea, the rest consists of make the pieces fit with sense.

vilvoh

DirrrtyDirk

The music seems rather loud - or is it just that I don't like the song?  ;D