News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Trams

Started by Maragil, July 24, 2009, 07:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maragil

Not sure where this is meant to be, perhaps Simutrans engine, but I wasn't sure
Whilst taking my daily dose of Wikipedia, I found this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tram-train

Would it be possible to implement this?
Tram Electrification is already is the rail section.
So, could it be possible to do this. I might have just got this all horribly wrong, and it's already been done.

H./

yoshi

Tram vehicles can run on normal railway tracks and v.v.
It's already possible.

Maragil

Ah, thank you very much. So Trains can run on tram line using tram electrification, or do they need old/highspeed/standard catenary?
Also, can trams use old/standard catenary on train lines?
What about trolleybuses?

H./

ariarinen

Quote from: Maragil on July 24, 2009, 12:18:55 PM
Ah, thank you very much. So Trains can run on tram line using tram electrification, or do they need old/highspeed/standard catenary?
Also, can trams use old/standard catenary on train lines?
What about trolleybuses?
Trains and Trams can use the same infrastructure.

Trolleybuses no they have own but the electrification might work for both (Never tested that, I use diesel power)   

waerth

Trolleybusses and trams can use the same catenaries. I have many tram-trains running usually. Tram tracks in the city and train tracks (110 km/h) outside. I usually choose a train model that looks like it could logically run on both systems. For this purpose I have downloaded many Japanese ones as they have a lot of equipment that looks good on tram tracks but is actually rail!

W

Maragil

So trolleybuses,trams and trains can run on trolleybus catenary? V. Interesting.

H./

waerth

yes because in the streets it will only show one of the catenaries ...

Václav

Maragil: you can ignore Waerth.

Waerth: I don't agree. Both catenaries are showed in streets - but their poles are covering each other. So you see poles of only one catenary. Wires of both catenaries are visible very well.

And this is the most important: trolleybus catenary can be build over tram track only if it (meant tram track) is built over road. Look well. Right now I have not any screenshot because I don't use trams while I transport post. And in currently open game I transport post.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní