News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[New release] Simutrans-Experimental 6.3

Started by jamespetts, August 08, 2009, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

A new version of Simutrans-Experimental is available to-day: 6.3. See here for more information on how to download, install and set up the latest version. For those already familiar with the installation and setup, here are some quick links:

Version 6.3 contains a number of bug fixes, optimisations and enhancements, and additionally merges in all the latest updates from Simutrans-Standard. Of particular note, the map generation time has been substantially optimised (thanks to Dwachs), and erratic behaviour in the journey time tolerance feature has been fixed, as a result of which, there is now a very noticeable connexion between having good transport links to a town and the number of passengers travelling from that town. Also, the physics has been re-tuned to give more realistic behaviour when real-world values are used in vehicles. A full list of changes follows.

Changes

• FIX: Enabled SLIST_FREIGHT (in MSVC++) to prevent incorrect information being shown in convoy and stop dialogue boxes.
  • CHANGE: Optimised map generation (Dwachs)
  • FIX: Journey time tolerance levels were often set at arbitrary values.
  • FIX: Some crashes relating to the new map generation code.
  • CHANGE: Re-tuned the physics to give more realistic acceleration and top speed using real-world values for power.
  • CHANGE: Refreshes are not done in the same places as in Simutrans Standard [Knightly]
  • FIX: Do not restart ongoing refresh when adding/removing halt tiles [Knightly]
  • CHANGE: More detailed report of refresh status [Knightly]
  • CHANGE: Use union for transport element to improve speed slightly and simplify code [Knightly]
  • CODE: Reorganised the switch cases to get rid of goto statements [Knightly]
  • FIX: Static variables will prevent the use of saved values in newly loaded save games [Knightly]
  • ADD: Translation text uploads to repository.
  • CHANGE: Do not check journey time tolerance for return trips.
  • FIX: Error in calculating average speed when comparing player transport with public transport.

Feedback and testing

Thanks to all those who have tested the previous version and provided useful feedback; many of the issues identified and fixed in version 6.3 are as a result of the helpful feedback of users testing version 6.2, to whom I am extremely grateful. Any further feedback from this version would be very much appreciated, including (1) bug reports; (2) information as to how well-balanced that the game is; (3) any difference in approach/strategy needed for Simutrans-Experimental as over Simutrans-Standard; and (4) any other useful feedback.

Happy playing!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

yoda42

Thanks Guys for the updates.

When I click on the "Windows Binaries" link above, the ZIP file I get contains an executable dated  1 Aug 2009, sized 1 986 560. When I run it, SE reports that it is still version 6.2.

Is it possible the link above needs to be updated ?

Regards
Yoda

jamespetts

That's very odd - I've just downloaded the file, and the file dates that I get are the 8th of August. Are you sure that you don't have some issue with your cache or something like that...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

yoda42

mmmmm - very strange this is. At this technology, no good I am.  Try again, I will.

Yoda