News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Firefox 3.5 and files.simutrans-germany.com

Started by jamespetts, August 15, 2009, 03:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

For some reason that I have not yet been able to fathom, Firefox 3.5, to which I have just upgraded, crashes when accessing http://files.simutrans-germany.com. It worked fine in Firefox 3.0, and in Internet Explorer, but the browser completely freezes when I try to load the site in Firefox 3.5. Is there some scripting error somewhere on the page that is causing the trouble, I wonder?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Frank

Firefox 3.5.2 works fine for me

high server load, perhaps

jamespetts

Hmm, odd - I am also using 3.5.2. High server load should not crash the browser, and it worked fine in IE. Do you use Linux or Windows?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Frank

Windows XP Pro

files.simutrans-germany.com does not use a javascript

the site consists of only php and css

jamespetts

wipi35

robofish

maybe an addon you are using is causing the trouble - disable them and try again :)

jamespetts

I have the same addins as I had before the upgrade, and I had no trouble then.

robofish

maybe it's the combination of ff 3.5 + addons + files.s-g.com - please try to disable some of them if possible

jamespetts

Perhaps to narrow it down, can I ask Frank what addons that he has so that I know not to disable those?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

In your FireFox menu (in Start -> Programs), should have an option to start in Safe Mode - try that first - easiest