News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

A few questions from a Simutrans newbie

Started by Peteo, August 20, 2009, 06:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peteo

Hello guys. I'm an OpenTTD veteran, but a Simutrans newbie. I thought they were almost the same game but oh boy was I wrong. Simutrans seems like a fantastic game and I really want to enjoy it, that's why I'm here to ask a few questions that I haven't seen answered anywhere.  ???

1) Is there a scenario maker/editor in Simutrans? If there is, how can I access it? If there's not one, then could there possibly be a scenario editor for Simutrans some day? Scenario editor is pretty much the only reason why I'm still playing TTD over Simutrans. I don't like generated maps, i like to make my own maps and set everything up the way I want it to be.

2) I have been reading some of these threads here and people talk about how they create new industries (new factories, power stations ect). How can you create these? I know how to found a new city (press shift+C) but how in the world can I build new industries?

Thanks in advance! :)

- Pete

vilvoh

The answer to both is: Change to public player (Shift+P) --> go to top menu --> Special construction tools --> map editing tools, and there you have all you need to modify the map

P.S: Welcome to the other side of transport simulation, Peteo.. ;D

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Peteo

Thank you very much, kind sir! Simutrans just got 1000 times better. :)

Maragil

Quote from: Peteo on August 20, 2009, 07:44:48 PM
Thank you very much, kind sir! Simutrans just got 1000 times better. :)

Unfortunately, tis impossible.

Google says so: http://www.gooogie.co.uk/?gid=440029&hl=en&meta=o&q=Simutrans

H./