News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

"Passenger Loss Rate"

Started by ar3man, August 23, 2009, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ar3man

( My English is bad , but still wanna share my great idea )

1) I strongly suggest to add a "Passenger Loss Rate" to the game.

The formulation of "Passenger Loss Rate" should base on, the number of full load trains have passed the certain station to passenger's destination.
So after a certain period those unhappy passenger will leave the platfrom, and  increase the number of "Passenger Loss Rate" .
According to real world no one might wait in a station for couple weeks for bus or train , and that is nonsense.
Also "Avoiding Crowded" is neither realistic nor good enough ,instead, it might crash our transport system one by one too.
I think that is a bug that, while we satisfy our passenger better; cities grow faster, and this make impossible to play the game

2) The "Passenger Loss Rate"  could be using for reduce cities develope rate.

If the number of the Rate higher, the developing of the cities will slower. I suggest the number reach 75%, cities stop growing anymore.

This my Route map of my Rail System, is just 30% of map coverage and it has extend a lot of time, and still crowded...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: ar3man on August 23, 2009, 08:13:34 AM
According to real world no one might wait in a station for couple weeks for bus or train , and that is nonsense.

Simutrans is a balance between simulation and game.

Meanwhile, you might want to check out Simutrans Experimental, which is... well.. a version of Simutrans with some differences that, if I recall correctly, include passengers giving up and leaving.
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?board=53.0

jamespetts

Indeed - and the "unhappy" graph in Simutrans-Expeirmental is used in a very similar way to the way in which you describe the "passenger loss rate" in your suggestions :-) The "avoid overcrowding" is also rather different in Simutrans-Experimental.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.