News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

LightRailSystemSet [LRSS] Just Released on Oct,12

Started by ar3man, August 25, 2009, 09:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ar3man

I am looking for some friends here is good at making pak

I would like to make some more pak for the community, and i wish to share and get some help

Sunny Bay is an HongKong train station in Lantau Island
It is between Tung Chung and Tsing Yi stations.
The station is an interchange station between the Tung Chung Line and the Disneyland Resort Line to Hong Kong Disneyland.

The station is the first MTR station to have automatic platform gates (APG) installed on the edge of the platforms. These gates range from 1/2 to 3/4 the height of the platform screen doors found in other MTR stations. In line with ground level and above-ground MTR stations, Sunny Bay and Disneyland Resort Station are not air conditioned, and rely on their open architecture to keep the temperature low.

Services to the station commenced on 1 June 2005. The transfer facilities to the Disneyland Resort Line opened 1 August 2005. The livery of the station is slate grey. Platforms 1 (Tung Chung Line towards Tung Chung) and 3 (Disneyland Resort Line) are located opposite to each other to allow easy interchange of trains for passengers travelling from the urban areas.

The Airport Express line passes through the center of the station without stopping. This station features emergency platforms for the Airport Express.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

] There would hv 10 pak need to make to put this one whole complete station
and ,might hv 5 more pak will be made at least, in order to make this pak more compatibility and even a large numbers of combination

and hv other 5 isn't show in the blueprint , will talk about that later on

I might change some of the design of the station to make the pak more compatibility to any combination

I mainly hope there hv someone can give me some suggestion or comment, let me know anyone support this project to move on

In additional, I need a 4 direction PNG of station model, and Dat of that PNG works ( I am not try to copy anything, i just need something exist to base on )

These are the station entrance i made recently ( only the station main entrance , or main gate . 4paks)

This is a Light Rail Station in HongKong.

ar3man

8)

PlayTrans2009

So, are you going to release it?

Sorry, I don't have the tool to text Chinese...

I'm using pak96.comic and pak128.Britain. Mostly pak96.comic.
"More money means lesser friendship." Reason: Selfish.

ar3man

Quote from: PlayTrans2009 on September 01, 2009, 04:05:43 AM
So, are you going to release it?

Sorry, I don't have the tool to text Chinese...

oh my god... is that the reason no one reply  my thread, becox there hv chinese? 

those Chinese and english display the exact same meaning /__\

ya i am make this pak, and of cox, i will release it someday

PlayTrans2009

I'm using pak96.comic and pak128.Britain. Mostly pak96.comic.
"More money means lesser friendship." Reason: Selfish.

VS

Well... I don't know what to say. It looks nice. Pictures are somewhat poorly compressed so I can't really tell how this looks in game (not a problem). Nothing to download.

-> waiting

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ar3man

Quote from: VS on September 01, 2009, 11:35:38 AM
Well... I don't know what to say. It looks nice. Pictures are somewhat poorly compressed so I can't really tell how this looks in game (not a problem). Nothing to download.

-> waiting

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/ar3man/PreProject_LightRail02.jpg   

this is the dircent link to the photo, and i hv no idea why this site keep resize my photo in display

VS

Oh, that is better :) "Pre-project" means you will change it more?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fuzzy Peach

It looks like it would be pretty nice to have but rather complicated to make. I would probably download it when you release it.

ar3man

Quote from: VS on September 02, 2009, 11:49:07 AM
Oh, that is better :) "Pre-project" means you will change it more?

oh, ya, I try to make the pak of Sunnyt Bay Station, but i find out that is kind of too much, so I start a light rail station to help myself to handle Sunnyt Bay Station

VS

Ok. I wondered if I can say the the orange colour is too "clean"... so I probably can :) When I took the photo and made average colour of that roof (the part with direct sunlight) it came out like this.

Of course you can do it as you want... consider it just a tip, and that has meaning only if you want to match most other buildings in pak128.

ar3man

First of all, all Chinese word is exact same meaning as English, so please dun feel u are missing anything i said ^^

This Light Rail System Set include 3 pak files. I have started this project on late Augest, until today, I have learned and tried so much this make Simu Paks
Eventually, this is my first Simu. Pak that I will make it public use, and also I draw it from zero to everything you see. I own the Copyright of this pak.
I am glad that everyone have supported my work, and hope there will be some comment on my pak soon

For this Pak, there are some Credit for the people who have help me, and the names are listed by alphabetically

AVBE21 , d201@wrl, Dennis ,kjtsdc ,y1149362004, VS, 青山居士,龍也

此輕鐵站組只係有3個, 由8月26日開始, 耗時1個月多月, 斷斷續續學習和嘗試, 由完全唔了解到開始有頭緒去畫, 經歷了很多失敗...學到好多野
這個係我第一將會公開的Simu. Pak 檔,亦同時係一個完全自己畫,上色,版權係完全屬於我既作品, 希望大家比一點意見,比一點支持^^

係呢度先感謝 本站kjtsdc ,y1149362004, Dennis ,AVBE21 ,d201@wrl,鄰站 龍也 青山居士  既意見和幫助,令我終於有能力自己出到pak ^^

(先申報利益, 其實本人呢,係唔玩香港地圖, 所以係絕對用唔著輕鐵pak )

分3個pak檔 There are 3 Pak files

building.MTRLR_A_stations   普通車站 每格容量 256 Capacity - Usual Style Station
building.MTRLR_B_stations   有廣告,及座椅車站 每格容量 384 Capacity - Commercial Style Station
building.MTRLR_T_stations   總站式車站 每格容量 384 Capacity - Terminus Style Station
(Be cox it is auto-platfrom,so build a Terminus must mix use with Usual Style Station)
(由於此pak係自動對向, 所以要起3條月台既總站必須與 "普通車站"檔 共同組合)

另外, 此Pak仍有Bug, 希望對做車站有經驗的人可以pm一下我...因為問題唔太易解釋
and the last thing is there have some bugs on my set, as show at the Lighting picture, some part of the train display on the roof of the platfrom
what's matter with that? does anyone can explain to me~ plx

The reason this set of station is so colorful, is be cox i am base on the light rail station in Hong Kong
I am going to release a normal colour of Rail Station of this Set...If you are interested, plx give me a colour sample  ^^

Everyone could give me an colour sample to let me make a new set of railway station

ar3man

Quote from: VS on September 04, 2009, 09:48:00 AM
Ok. I wondered if I can say the the orange colour is too "clean"... so I probably can :) When I took the photo and made average colour of that roof (the part with direct sunlight) it came out like this.

Of course you can do it as you want... consider it just a tip, and that has meaning only if you want to match most other buildings in pak128.

as your advise... i change the colour

knightly

The illuminated platforms look very nice at night :)

ar3man

Quote from: Knightly on October 04, 2009, 05:33:21 PM
The illuminated platforms look very nice at night :)

thankyou ^^

I just wonder that is there any people interested in my work? becox there have no reply at all~~

DirrrtyDirk

Nice work so far. I like illuminated platforms ever since I discovered that idea on the Japanese addons site couple of years ago.

Quote from: ar3man on October 08, 2009, 05:07:06 PM
I just wonder that is there any people interested in my work? becox there have no reply at all~~

Yeah, I know... unfortunately you might as well get used to it. Sometimes you can post things here, that get downloaded a few dozen (or even more than hundred) times, and can count youself lucky when 2 or 3 people bother to say anything... Hardly motivating, I know - but that's just the way things are, I'm afraid.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

ar3man

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on October 08, 2009, 05:22:06 PM
Nice work so far. I like illuminated platforms ever since I discovered that idea on the Japanese addons site couple of years ago.

Yeah, I know... unfortunately you might as well get used to it. Sometimes you can post things here, that get downloaded a few dozen (or even more than hundred) times, and can count youself lucky when 2 or 3 people bother to say anything... Hardly motivating, I know - but that's just the way things are, I'm afraid.

I have alot of plan to design dozen a rail rail road station...which fit into this game....sigh
however i am just a student, and i have work to do afterclassm unless I know somebody is supporting my work at least
Is really hard to encourage me enough, this happen in any simutrans forums too

LNBC

For HK folks-what you are going to do is really fulfilling the playability on using a tram/Light Rail system...
(Of course I understand what you're doing here.)
However, all walks of people playing Simutrans--and they might be using something alike instead.
(I applied those monorail/maglev system-and SNFOS platform sets works perfectly. But for the traditional railways--I applied various types of platforms: British type,tram stops, etc.)

Anyway-keep going for this project even it's working slow. Simutrans is a cyber-commonplace for any folks to share their lifestyles for free-including buses excluding loans(->freeplay mode). You may find that you'll be satisfied what you've done during the game.

PS Players use the Pak, Pakers alter their Pak, Pak-creators define the concept behind the Pak.
(Next phase> User-only Curious buildings>> Ver. 100+ only;
Production line merging between Pak 64s and Pak 128s-trial run.)

KneeOn

I'm still interested. Very much so infact. I think stations are the most neglected part (particularly LR and passenger) of simutrans... thats just IMO... after a while, all statoins look the same so the more little ones like this (your LR) and the big Sunny Bay one break up the uniformity of staions. :) Its nice, i'll definatly download when released! :)

ar3man

Quote from: LNBC on October 09, 2009, 05:42:31 PM
For HK folks-what you are going to do is really fulfilling the playability on using a tram/Light Rail system...
(Of course I understand what you're doing here.)
However, all walks of people playing Simutrans--and they might be using something alike instead.
(I applied those monorail/maglev system-and SNFOS platform sets works perfectly. But for the traditional railways--I applied various types of platforms: British type,tram stops, etc.)

Anyway-keep going for this project even it's working slow. Simutrans is a cyber-commonplace for any folks to share their lifestyles for free-including buses excluding loans(->freeplay mode). You may find that you'll be satisfied what you've done during the game.

PS Players use the Pak, Pakers alter their Pak, Pak-creators define the concept behind the Pak.
(Next phase> User-only Curious buildings>> Ver. 100+ only;
Production line merging between Pak 64s and Pak 128s-trial run.)
Quote from: KneeOn on October 10, 2009, 08:58:35 PM
I'm still interested. Very much so infact. I think stations are the most neglected part (particularly LR and passenger) of simutrans... thats just IMO... after a while, all statoins look the same so the more little ones like this (your LR) and the big Sunny Bay one break up the uniformity of staions. :) Its nice, i'll definatly download when released! :)

thankyou for your comment n support

actually, is slow, becox, i dun know is there anyone need my stuff ,.....=]
so i will make it faster

I will release it with 2 more parts , first one is platfrom without roof ,another one is stairs with half roof

and all of these will release in Rail Station Style soon
In Rail Station Style, the 1)whole part of colour, 2)the roof will change...and i will add a 3) foot bridge, 4) enterance too

ar3man

This Light Rail System Set include 4 pak files

building.MTRLR_X_stations   無上蓋車站 每格容量 128 Capacity - No Roof Style Station
building.MTRLR_A_stations   普通車站 每格容量 256 Capacity - Usual Style Station
building.MTRLR_B_stations   有廣告,及座椅車站 每格容量 384 Capacity - Commercial Style Station
building.MTRLR_T_stations   總站式車站 每格容量 384 Capacity - Terminus Style Station

For this Pak, there are some Credit for the people who have help me, and the names are listed by alphabetically

AVBE21 , d201@wrl, Dennis ,kjtsdc ,y1149362004, VS, 青山居士,龍也

The first phase of this LRSS are now release!!
Please try it and give some suggestion and comment ~

KneeOn

Ooooohhh... I'll give this a spin tomorrow! (i'm doing graphics for 96.comic right now) But wow. Looks impressive!

FoxHole

dont know how to extract the downloaded file . . .  Please help . . I want to try this rail station, it looks cool to me..

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: FoxHole on November 16, 2009, 06:07:44 AM
dont know how to extract the downloaded file . . .  Please help . . I want to try this rail station, it looks cool to me..

The .rar file?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=extract+.rar

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

LNBC

Use the Winrar Archiver to extract them, or convert it to zip using online .rar>.zip website.

PS Wa's Resizeobj has brought this platforms into Pak 64s.
It's really a large capacity platform set: 384 pax for each covered one.
(Sounds really good for large volume traffic, but too big for those stops with a few passenger.)

Anyway, many thanks-

FoxHole

Thank you so much for the wonderful help ! I did it !

Junna

Rather off-topic I guess but... where can I get those roads in the screenshots?

LNBC

[Off topic mode on]
Is it the road paks from this site http://www.geocities.jp/rs_simutrans/rs_pak128/index.html
(Another Japanese stuffes there...)
BTW,those roads have a little bit slower on the maximum speed (<55 km/h)-surly NOT for those Double deckers on my own (=130 km/h, surly a little bit faster for those modern one).
Also, some of those road paks ARE for RIGHT-hand drive games: another reason I have to give those up (applying Left-hand drive).
The site is named after STP Development-Chukoku branch.

PS If I could repak those roads and bridges on the speed, I were using them rather than various Japanese Road/bridge paks-Uh Oh~[/off topic mode off]

Junna

Quote from: LNBC on December 22, 2009, 10:14:38 AM
[Off topic mode on]
Is it the road paks from this site http://www.geocities.jp/rs_simutrans/rs_pak128/index.html
(Another Japanese stuffes there...)
BTW,those roads have a little bit slower on the maximum speed (<55 km/h)-surly NOT for those Double deckers on my own (=130 km/h, surly a little bit faster for those modern one).
Also, some of those road paks ARE for RIGHT-hand drive games: another reason I have to give those up (applying Left-hand drive).
The site is named after STP Development-Chukoku branch.

PS If I could repak those roads and bridges on the speed, I were using them rather than various Japanese Road/bridge paks-Uh Oh~[/off topic mode off]

Thank you, those are some pretty sexy roads. Also unrelated, where can I get those buses as in your avatar? Been wondering that for a while.

Regarding the stations of this thread, when used on a railway the trains appear visible through the stations- is this because they are intended for tramways (I have not used them on a tramway so I don't know if the same happens there)?

LNBC

[Off topic mode on again]
That's my own creation, and surly NOT for publicize.
Sorry to disappoint you about that.
(There's too many HK buses in Pak 128 format available on the web.)

However, some of those buses are ACTUALLY coming from those buses
that really operate in Hong Kong, including this Volgren-body double-decker
(Volvo Olympian B9TL in full academic name-it's unreal).
So, if you don't mind to read Chinese (or get your webpage translator ready),
you may just visit these sites for those released buses
(Of course, mainly in HK operators liveries...)

[For LNBC HK's Local Buses]
http://simu.shorturl.com/(Reminder: in Chinese)
http://www.ushb.net/(Reminder: in Chinese)
In both sites, another authors' creations are also available-
even trains, buildings, etc.

[For more on another HK Local Buses...]
http://www.geocities.jp/hksimutrans/
Pak MaWan-another KMB-related paks for Pak 128-fetch them with a single download.
http://blog.qooza.hk/mbdb
MBDB Simutrans Workshop (Chinese): another pick for Hong Kong stuffes,
as well as Trains from China and Taiwan.
http://blog.qooza.hk/Simutrans
Simutrans Hong Kong Workshop (Chinese): most recent active Simutrans Vehicle printer-
if you wanted the newest from Hong Kong, just pay a visit there.[/off topic mode off]

In fact, the tram tracks in the photo is the official tram tracks. Since Simutrans shared both Railway stations and road stops for tramways, it is possible to use those platforms on railways.
(Since our people is treating Light Rail as a tramway system for local transport proposes-
but it sounded more railway-like than the tramway system run on the Island-a living historical relics running from 1904 to now!)

PS You may customize your fleet by paking yours with Makeobj. (But for those really wanted with know-how on writing dat files and printing those png graphics. For more, go to the Japanese Simutrans website for those dat-and-png-detailed vehicles.)

Commander Noddy

Where can I download the cityroad shown in the picture?

May The Force Be With You Always!

LNBC

Maybe I were late to reply the above question for a year long,
but I would like to show him the site which he could download those roads:

Source webpage
http://www.geocities.jp/rs_simutrans/
Under section "Pak128>Roads" section.

PS Seem to be not working with Ver. 120.0 or above
with half-height Pak128 standard set. :idea:
More, the actual speed limited for these roads
sounded slower than another Hong Kong-sourced road sets. :idea:

yswang