News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Rail of trams

Started by KT6491, September 01, 2008, 11:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KT6491

Hi there,
Many functions in Simutrans are very perfect. However, the rail of trams is defective. It's one-way only on a road! In the real world, rails on roads are usually two-way. Simutrans should be also the same (i.e.there should be two trams running on the same road but different directions). Hope the Simutrans staff can fix it. Thank you!

Combuijs

This has been denied several times. It appears that it is very difficult to change.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

whoami

For trams, you can build uni-directional ring lines, or put the parallel track in the opposite direction on a parallel road.

(moving to help requests)

jbode

The trams are coded like trains - even could use normal train tracks, bridges and stations. This request had been discussed ... One option had been to use the road vehicle definitions, but that would have lead to the trams being stuck in the road traffic ... Not so good. Changing to your wish (certainly others too) would mean the creation of a suitable signaling system and new graphics ... Lot of work ...

At the moment it will (very likely) stay as it is now. For my games its is most of the time efficient enough to build single track ring lines. In case the capacity is not big enough I use a subway underneath ....

Regards

Jörg

Kristian

You can always code trams as buses. IIRC there is an example here:

http://addons.simutrans.com/?pak=128&cat=vehicles&todo=search

search for: Trolleybus set