News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Tips for savegame

Started by Anime, August 31, 2009, 05:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anime

hi everyone,
I'm playing a savegame atm. I'm doing really well right now, but I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to continue and on what I should focus.
Savegame : Savegame

Pak 128, Simutrans 102.0
Greetings Anime

vilvoh

and the pakset you're playing with is....:::)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Anime

I was getting to that, but I discovered the download link doesn't work :/

vilvoh

the right link is http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/N.E.R.D.%201938.sve. When you have spaces in files names, it's better to replace them with underscores.  :)

check it at http://simutrans-germany.com/files/

Anime

thanks. I tried changing the name to '1938' but I got an upload error.

vilvoh

My advices:

• Start feeding the oil powerplant with the nearest oilfields, as your are loosing a huge amount of money.
  • Reduce the amount of buses in lines with a lot of free capacity and buy bigger ones. Check the free capacity of the bus lines and try to reduce it to zero.
  • Use cheap passenger trains to connect the cities, instead of using buses. That reduces the income of the service line, as the distance traveled is rather long for a bus.
  • Buy mixed rail convoys with passenger and main wagons, to squeeze the most of every credit spent. Efficiency is the priority.
  • Do not use electrified tracks yet. That increases the maintenance costs a lot.
  • Solve the sudden deadlocks problems at Wolverhaptom Station. Sometimes there're many trains locked that can't get to the platforms or are waiting for a free platform (specially mail convoys), and that means you're loosing money. I would separate the trains that come from the East (Birminghan, Cardif, etc..) from the ones that come from the North (Stirling, Preston and Worcester) with independent points of access to Wolverhaptom Station platforms

Anime

hi Vilvoh,
what exactly do you mean with  this sentence 'Buy mixed rail ...- Efficiency is the priority '?

vilvoh

I mean that it's more efficient to have a convoy with several passenger wagons and a mail wagon, than having different convoys for mail and passengers.

The first approach allows you to transport less amount of goods/passengers but it costs less and after all, mail gives you less benefits than passengers so imho, a single wagon would be enough. The second approach is more expensive, increases the traffic along the transport network and increases the maintenance costs.

Anime

Okay, thanks . I'll have a look  tomorrow ^^