News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

SVN coordination

Started by VS, September 01, 2008, 09:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Now this is some challenge! Too few pixels...

I would say since we have schwebebahn as monorail, change its symbol. And use current version for maglev.

EDIT: now fresh out of oven, in svn. I repainted the ship symbol to look less like racing motorboat ::) while I was at it.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Good idea, actually! That should not be too hard.

But what about the symbol for narrowgauge?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

OK, now first (easier) part of powerbridges is in... Don't look, it's still ugly.

What do you think is a distinguishing feature of narrow gauge? (evil laughter - told you it's just another train!)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

The problem is not to find a distinguishing feature - the problem is to show it in such a small image.  ;D

VS

Dang, you saw through it... :D

Here is a different idea - why do the symbols have to be grayscale? Let's pick some colors that are sufficiently different.

And the airplane is pretty hard to recognize, standard glyph is plane shape as seen from above.

DirrrtyDirk

Sure - but then we should do all in color, shouldn't we?

VS

DirrrtyDirk

Another question:

The .bat file just creates some 600 vehicle files, without merging them. Is it ok if I change that so that it does just one vehicle.all.pak? (already did the work for myself, just did not upload it yet.)

VS

Ask Frank? I don't use it.

DirrrtyDirk

Well... with plain windows, without special software, it's the only method we (=people like me) have, isn't it?

VS

Yes.

On the other hand, installing Python takes... maybe 10 clicks and 11 MB download. And you can do wonders with it, pretty much like with perl (which I don't like).

DirrrtyDirk

That may be true - but only for PAKing simutrans... a bit of overkill for me. Maybe on a later day.

VS

I will commit lots of material for future use (or maybe not).

It may take some time, because my dear internet provider is offline again.

Update: about half of the data is now uploaded - some 8 MB I think. My poor phone has turned into microwave oven :-\

Update 2: Everything should be uploaded by now. That is - prepare for the next batch in a few days! Muhahahaha! ;D

wernieman

Hey .. they look good ... but  we must look to the filenames .. ;o)

Should I rename them?
I hope you understand my English

VS

Which filenames? Original names are like "škoda 12 tr.PNG" which I renamed after first commit to like "skoda_12_tr.png". Maybe update your copy?

PS: all this material is OK with new license...

wernieman

I look on the Server ...

in /material/trolleybus/14 tr/......

by the way:
the folder "material is like a box for objekts, wich we want to use in the future?

VS

Aha! Folder names. I will mend that asap.

Yes, this is material we may use in future - "vielleicht", nicht "sicher" ;)

Some of the vehicles could be useful for expanding timeline to 19th century. With buildings I am not so sure, but some have rotations or snow, so... :)

wernieman

P.S. when we make a spezifikation of the Names ... we could make a spezifikation of the folder too ....

Like:
!base for basics (Roads, Whater, grou, etc)
!veciles vor .....

VS

Right now I am away. I'll return on Tuesday evening and then should have the rest of week until school starts again.

I am planning to start reorganizing existing content so that Napik's two folder paradigm stops inconveniencing everyone (or at least me!), and also split the translator monster-sheets into individual vehicle mini-sheets, so that changing one object no longer invalidates so much data in svn... and also it's too hard to find the images.

The new scheme should be "file eintopf" as has 64, sorted into folders. Except that for "mass production" objects like houses and vehicles one object per dat will match one object per png, with identical name but for extension. As simple as can be. This should make it far easier to exchange graphics when "liberating" objects. Ordering of vehicle views stays, having it enforced across all items is great, one can just change one number and keep coyping the same chunk of dat file over.

I'll also try to get the 128 website up in some usable state :P

VS

The folder !trees shows what will happen to vehicles and houses, too. Any comments?

VS

I think moving large amounts of data around is finished.

Uff, now it should really be finished.

Funny: What pattern could this be? ;)

wernieman

But it shown only the checkin ... ;o)