News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Underwater Tunnels

Started by Fuzzy Peach, September 03, 2009, 12:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy Peach

I was just wondering how to make a train go underwater if it`s possible. Because i can`t find any way to do so, and if there isn't then i should remove it from the wiki.

Fabio

It should be possible, using slopes in tunnels (a tunnel, bored at sea level - or above it - could be lowered to an underwater level in order to cross the sea.

mwoodburn81

Someone can correct me on this, but I think the wiki was exploiting a bug that no longer exists?  

However in the nighties there is a new feature that allows you to have slopes underground, you can download the newest nightly at http://simutrans-germany.com/~nightly/simutrans/index.php

All you have to do is build some underground track, then you can use the raise and lower slope/terrain tool (the same one that is used to change slopes above ground).  

Just make an up slope or down slope on the last tile of track, and it should make a slope for you.   After it makes a slope, you can continue laying track at the new level.

Fabio

Quote from: mwoodburn81 on September 03, 2009, 01:15:18 PM
Someone can correct me on this, but I think the wiki was exploiting a bug that no longer exists? 

Precisely. However, new method 1) looks better and 2) is fully supported (not a bug exploiting). ;D

Fuzzy Peach

I tried using the nightlies but it keeps saying that terraforming is not possible underground.

Dwachs

Quote from: Fuzzy Peach on September 03, 2009, 11:05:50 PM
I tried using the nightlies but it keeps saying that terraforming is not possible underground.
You must use the slope down/up with vertical cliffs on tiles that already have a track on it.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Fuzzy Peach

Oh now i found out how. Thanks

Fuzzy Peach

I've decided to edit the wiki so that it makes it clear that it cannot be done in the latest stable version (102.0)