News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

steel and oil transportation

Started by quatta, September 02, 2008, 08:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quatta

hello there;

i want to establish a steel and oil route for produce cars. but the factories is separated on 3 islands. so i have to combine ship, train and road routes. firstly i made a route for steel production. it's quite easy because they are on the same island. then i made cargo docks for transportation of steel. then i made train routes and establish a cargo dock station on the island where the car assembly plant works. but the problem starts when i try to combine this routes. i collected iron and coal and delivered to steel mine and steel produced. unfortunately the trucks didn't deliver any steel to the cargo docks. also the delivery of the oil is problematic. oil barges didn't deliver any oil to the cargo docks where the car assembly plant is. it's very complex route but connecting different transportation routes is very delightful.

so how can i connect this routes. please lend me a hand for surviving my vehicle industry....

thanks.....

prissi

Most often the docks are not connected to the stations. They must be next to each other, thus only a single station name is seen. If those are seperated, then goods will not transfer.

Arkamaic

First for the steel, for cars/trains to deliver the steel to a station not directly placed next the the industry (your cargo docks), you first need to have something (ship or truck or plane) ready to deliver goods from that cargo dock to the car factory. Once something is ready to deliver goods from the cargo dock to the industry, then your trucks will deliver the steel.

And for your oil problem, the car factory Does NOT take oil from the oil rig/oil field. It actually takes plastic. And to get this, you must deliver oil to a Refinery. Then create a route from the refinery to the car factory using plastics trucks/trains.

Hope this helps.
My girlfriends photography site : A.A.J Photography

(I'm still working on it, so not 100% complete yet.)

quatta

thank you. i solved the steel transportation part. but now i can not deliver plastic with the same way. i establish a train route between cargo dock and car assembly plant. then i made a route between cargo docks and refinery plant. but the train didn't take plastic. i tried both of the three cargo docks but the result is the same. the train didn't deliver plastic to cargo docks. how can i solve this?

wipi35

Has the train the right wagons, able to transport piece goods?
A screenshot or savegame would help.
Please mention the used version and pak.

quatta

ummm yes i have the right wagons. piece good wagons. i am playing pak 128.

wipi35

Colin

Repeat on behalf of Wipi35, SCREENSHOT might help.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

quatta

yes here is the screen shot. but i changed railway to road. but the problem still remains. trucks didn't deliver any goods

Colin

Although the picture isn't too clear because of how you have the trees partially 'hidden' It seems that the problem is not really a problem, but that your two industries are connected 'together'. It may be that the goods are being automatically transfered making the vehicles unnecersary.

Perhaps a 'save' game would be better.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Magpie

On the screenshot i see some trucks that canť find the route. Maybe this may cause the problem?

Arkamaic

Do you have any signs between this cargo dock and where the trucks should be delivering the goods??

Also, maybe a screenshot of the delivery point could be helpful
My girlfriends photography site : A.A.J Photography

(I'm still working on it, so not 100% complete yet.)

wipi35

Quote from: Colin on September 03, 2008, 07:02:15 PM
It may be that the goods are being automatically transfered making the vehicles unnecersary.

A detailed description of this phenomena can be found here:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=174.msg1063#msg1063

Did you try to run the train without cargo? Then you are sure that it can find it's route.

quatta

Thanks all of you for helping. i solved the problem. There are 2 oil pumps on the map. one of them is far away to the refinery and the latter is near the refinery. i had chosen the first one. so oil didn't transfer to refinery. Thanks again...