News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Distributionweight and chance for industries

Started by jamespetts, September 21, 2009, 10:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Before I release the latest version of Simutrans-Experimental, I should be very grateful for clarification on one issue: does the "chance" parameter have any effect on industries? I seem to remember it being documented that it is used for consumers, whereas distributionweight is used for producers (which leaves the question about what is used for industries that are both), but the Pak64 sources use "distributionweight" for everything - both consumers and producers. In Pak128.Britain, I used a mixture of "chance" and "distributionweight" - is that wrong?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

If memory severs me right, chance is part of the building and distributionweight is part of the factory node. Thus chance would do nothing for factories.

jamespetts

Prissi,

you are correct that chance is part of the building. Thank you very much for your help. I think that some documentation somewhere may need clarifying, as I was under the impression having read some of the documentation that "chance" was relevant to industries.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.