News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Explain your avatar

Started by wipi35, September 22, 2009, 12:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wipi35

We once had a topic where you could explain your nickname.
Maybe an idea for avatars as well    ;D

IgorEliezer

hmmm.... it would be a good idea.

Fabio

;D

and we would also discover the meaning of the shooting monkey...

too bad vilvoh changed the jumping car, i would have liked to know its meaning ;)

vilvoh

Nothing special, It just means I like low riders..boing...boing...boing  ;D

P.S: In fact, I used it because I've planned a tourist attraction about that topic, and I found the animation while I was searching for some pics related with lowrider cars.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

IgorEliezer

Let me guess this one...

"... I'm #1! Because I rulz" ;D

Combuijs

Vilvoh is the first one to vanish from the table...
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Spike

Mine is simple. First steam engine I painted for Simutrans. Whee :)

Colin

Quote from: wipi35 on September 22, 2009, 12:24:25 PM
Maybe an idea for avatars as well    ;D
I'm quite willing to explain mine. HE'S SO CUTE ;D
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

vilvoh

Quote from: Combuijs on September 22, 2009, 01:51:45 PM
Vilvoh is the first one to vanish from the table...

Quote from: IgorTekton on September 22, 2009, 01:37:30 PM
Let me guess this one...
"... I'm #1! Because I rulz" ;D

oooh yeah!!

VS

<- Well, this is not exactly a steamroller, but more or less along these lines... Look how nice smoke it has! :P

Also probably the oldest and only avatar I ever had. Consistency! In fact, I believe nobody else around has had the same picture this long. (Except for no picture people, of course)

By the way, should I split this? It seems we already have a good basis for "explain your avatar" thread :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

i change mine every now and then, but now for a couple of yeard it's my own pic ;)

i like people to see my face when they read what i write ;D

Spike

Quote from: VS on September 22, 2009, 02:04:59 PM
Also probably the oldest and only avatar I ever had.

I always think, "I'll keep this avatar now", but they seem to wear off and I feel the want for a fresh one every few months ... for the Simutrans forums I'll try to keep this one. No promises, though ;)

VS

Heh, I always thought it would be nice to have something people could recognize. Thus no changes. I don't feel in any particular way about this picture, except that I should keep it to be recognizable.

Okay, splitting... *splat* !

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Spike

It makes a determined and powerful impression to me.

Edit: Keep rollin' ;)

Maragil

Quote from: fabio on September 22, 2009, 01:28:42 PM
;D

and we would also discover the meaning of the shooting monkey...

Shooting monkey man is AWESOMELY WEIRD :) That's why. :D

May I suggest this is moved to Forum Lounge perhaps?

Semi Off Topic:

Speaking of weird images:

Hehe - that's my own creation - it's a real photo!

H./

Spike

Quote from: wipi35 on September 22, 2009, 12:24:25 PM
Maybe an idea for avatars as well    ;D

I'm quite curious about

Please tell :)

wipi35

Quote from: Hajo on September 22, 2009, 09:03:56 PM
I'm quite curious about
Please tell :)

My avatar is the head of a little statue (abt 15 cm) of a so called Fat Lady. It is a Chinese terracotta figure dating from the Tang Dynasty (AD 618-907). As I love Oriental art, I saw this item on an art fair, however it costed a fortune so I only could have a picture of it. It's my first and only avatar I used on this forum.

prissi

Ok, I activated my avatar again. I only made this, since people started to complain about the head coder missing an avatar.

It is an acknowledgement to Stanley Kubriks Dr. Seltsam and stemmed from a spontanous idea we had ten years ago after finishing a session with the gas laser (which needed tons of liquid nitrogen, thus the LN2 tank and the strange glases). Actually half of the group of that time did this: http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~prissi/movpe.html

sojo

This is a locomotive from the historical depot in Halle/Saale (Germany). I have taken this picture by myself.

A translation from the description of this depot: http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deutschebahn.com%2Fsite%2Fdbmuseum%2Fde%2Fstandorte%2Fhalle%2Fstandort%2Fstandort.html&sl=de&tl=en&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Zeno

Mine is just a funny lol cat with a curious helmet I found somewhere years ago. I've been using it for quite long time as my common avatar, but now I've found this one which is more related with transports and simutrans:
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/01/12/monorail-cat-2/

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Zeno

Quote from: sojo on September 23, 2009, 12:05:32 PM
Zeno, your avatar is a very popular image in the net
Yeah it must be popular after so many years. Not only me loving lolcats, you know... ;)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

For a long while, I used the attached - even made some colorized variants.

It's a picture of a rabbi, apparently warding off the person taking the photograph, probably because of a superstition that photography stole the soul...

...but what I really liked was -- that gesture is used by 1) some rock fans, and 2) fans of the Longhorns, a football team at a Texas university.

As someone who had an interest in Judaism earlier in life (long story, no longer relevant), it just seemed a perfect storm of cool. :D

My current avatar is me, of course; from a picture I took of myself in Seattle this past spring; run through a popular Facebook application to make it into a "pencil sketch"... I have intentions to colorize it at some point, but haven't found the time yet.

dannyman

Highschool version of me.  In case I say something silly, people will give me a break.  In case I say something clever, there goes a smart kid.

I'm 33.  My younger self was a very nice boy and a reminder to keep it polite and modest.

-d

Spike

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on September 23, 2009, 10:53:25 PM
My current avatar is me, of course; from a picture I took of myself in Seattle this past spring; run through a popular Facebook application to make it into a "pencil sketch"...

Looks like a good and happy self of you :)

It itches me to change mine once again. Must see about it.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Matthi205

Mine comes from the Battle for Wesnoth,a game I played (nearly) only before I found Simutrans...The pic comes from the 'Art Contributions' in their Forum,and it's uite outdated...It's on page15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23/24...
The Green Mage of Darkness living in the summer hell and in the country where it snows till May with -21 *C  ;D

werl

Mine is an *extremely subtle* hint about my preference on computers. similar to my user bars in my signature. for those who can't figure it out, I prefer Apples.
C:\dos
C:\dos\run
run\dos\run

PatrickN

Mine is actually a screenshot from my addon map of Hawaii for a game called YSFlight.  I was making ground objects for that map around the same time as a topic showed up here of people putting Simutrans ads on race cars or something, so I threw together a billboard to advertise Simutrans in YSF.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

Fuzzy Peach

I think mine is a bit obvious that i do some work in the Wiki. But i haven't been active lately.

thematic

Detail of an old promotional poster for a TV-series that some of you will certainly recognize, although it's squashed.
"If I could discover just one of these things - what eternity is, for example - I wouldn't care if they did think I was crazy."

LNBC

It is too simple to explain both the nickname and the avatar:

-Nickname
Actually its longer version is "Lingnan Bus Co.":
you're right, seems to be a joking stuff with my College life*.
(*That's Lingnan Chicken Rice<-a character changed from that Singaporean Hoi-nan Chicken Rice. However, You can't have Lingnan Chicken Rice for your lunch, haha~)
In fact, becoming a Pak-64 maker mainly on Buses, LNBC was founded in this way.

Let me explain a little bit - it is a Volvo Olympian Mk II (B9TL) with Volgren Bodyworks (in unusual Pak 128 Game).
This LNBC Livery shown here is the 3rd version, combined the 1st version of purple skirt under the lower deck's windows, and the 2nd version of Pink-purple skirt (representing Bauhinia: the flower of Hong Kong).
The blue top is remained for every livery versions: to honor China Motor Bus (ex-franchised bus operator in Hong Kong after 1998) as a history icon to the transportation history in the Town.

Anyway, LNBC is NOT a real bus service operator in Hong Kong,
but you may interested if the real operator KMB (Kowloon Motor Bus in Full) really operated such as the bus in my avatar in normal service.
[However, it looks alike a Golden brick instead. Only a test pet B9TL fits with this Volgren Bodyworks.]

Lukewarm

Its easy enough for me to explain my nickname, an avatar will have to wait!

In 1998, I attended the first game played at the Madejski Stadium in Reading. I was so outraged by the temperature of the lager, I registered on the supporters forum to get my point across. Lukewarm lager has since been reduced to Lukewarm.

Despite what some people think, my name is John not Luke!

vilvoh

May the beer be with you, Lukewarn... :P

I've changed my avatar several times recently and right now it's a picture of Alice in Wonderland Chesire cat's smile. I really love that smile, men. It makes me feel grrrreat  ;D

Václav

Background: it should be very old sheets of paper - but else it has not special purpose than background
Pen: original purpose can be seen in Czech language board, sometime I write very long posts
Lime blossom: it has not special purpose, it is only my favourite blossom (for its strange sweet smell)

USERNAME: the first part of my e-mail adress - because I was lazy to search for something special, else it is my name and surname less diacritic signs.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní