News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

(solved) Can't Build Tram Catenary

Started by dannyman, September 30, 2009, 11:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyman

Hello,

In the recent pak128 and openpak128 nightly, when I try to lay tram catenary I get a little power pointer, but I can't click on anything to complete electrification.

However, I can string better and cheaper catenary from the rail menu.

-d

helifino

Make sure there aren't any of your vehicles on the section you're electrifying - if there are, it won't work.

DirrrtyDirk

After a quick check I found that tram catenaries only work on tram-tracks, not on regular railway tracks. When you try to place them on regular tracks the behaviour you described can be observed.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

sanna

I have observed exactly the same behaviour as dannyman on recent nightly openpak128, it is not a question of having any of my vehicles on the track... I started building the tram track first thing I did, and almost gave up when electrification would not work... until I just as dannyman tested railway catenaries, which work fine.

So maybe the track that you lay from the tram menu somehow is not tram track?

DirrrtyDirk

I just tried with both pak128 v717 and openpak128 v717 - and it worked with the program nightly r2669... - but it did not work with r2682. So I'm not sure whether that's a problem with pak or program now...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Dwachs

It should work with revision 2698 again.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

whoami

modnote: I would merge this with http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3412.0 ("[bug r2682] Can't remove powerline and transformer station"), but from my experience, this leads to an unreadable mixture of both posts in chronologic order.

dannyman

Quote from: whoami on October 07, 2009, 09:56:26 PM
modnote: I would merge this with http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3412.0 ("[bug r2682] Can't remove powerline and transformer station"), but from my experience, this leads to an unreadable mixture of both posts in chronologic order.

Eh.  I'd read these as two seperate bugs, fixed around the same time.

Nice to have them fixed, though. :)