News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Current forum crash (October 2009)

Started by VS, October 04, 2009, 09:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Most of the information can be found on backup forum: us (site down, do not visit) ]/index.php?topic=10.0]"Topic: We have a problem with the International Forum!"

The only thing that seems to have been broken is read/unread status of boards. That's why you will see all boards marked with and none with . Fortunately messages' status is not damaged, so you will not see everything as .

Sorry for the inconvenience.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

IgorEliezer

Good job; as always. Thanks :)

Quote from: VS on October 04, 2009, 09:40:00 AM
The only thing that seems to have been broken is read/unread status of boards.[/img].

Two things solve it quickly: 1) Show unread posts since last visit, click on and it'll list all posts that are truly unread. 2) "Mark ALL messages as read", near forum footer, this will turn off "unread" status on boards.

VS

It seems that some user accounts have been "deleted". Not sure what to do - it might take as much as 3 days, or just a few hours to find out. Meanwhile, if you are affected by this issue, please report:

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

IgorEliezer

WE HAVE GOT A SUPER CAPTCHA!

Not even an uber-spambot can defeat it :P

VS

I'll add - you can register again just fine and I will take care of wiring your posts back to you and all that. As long as you can get into contact with me, there is 100% chance you get 99.9% back ;D There is already one "repaired" user so I know it is possible.