News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

boulevard in the city

Started by hApo, September 04, 2008, 04:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hApo

Can i build boulevards in the city (like 2 paralel streets)? I think it could be done by changing the cityrules or not? I need it for tramways.

gauthier

of course you can but with cityroads, remove manually all buildings on the itinerary of you second street and build the street.

Arkamaic

Do you mean like two roads, each having both lanes going the same direction??
IF thats the case no. You can make it so cars only drive in one lane, or the left, but not both lanes of the same road.
My girlfriends photography site : A.A.J Photography

(I'm still working on it, so not 100% complete yet.)

wipi35

There are one-way signs, does this solve your problem??

hApo

No,no i think that, when is created new map, there's no boulevards (eg. there are no normal paralel streets, i don't need a highway but i need a place, where to build normal way for tram).

I'm imaging this:
---<road<---
---<tramway<---
--->road>---
==========
---<road<---
---> tramway>---
--->road>---

vilvoh

I think you can do that, but what I don't remember is if the tram track needs to be built over a road or not..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Combuijs

Quotewhat I don't remember is if the tram track needs to be built over a road or not..

Tram track does not need to be build over a road. You can build a tram line on the "grass" as well. Watch out when you do that because city roads can't cross such a tram line, so you might hamper extension of your city. On the other hand, that might just be what you want.  ;)

@ hApo:
Parallel streets are not generated automatically. I think the default city building rules forbid it (or make it at least highly improbable). So you either have to destroy buildings and build a parallel road yourself (no need to worry about planning permissions  ;D) or you should experiment with those city building rules. The last option will be far from easy though.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs