News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Show my buildings

Started by IgorEliezer, October 12, 2009, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

I would like to propose a feature (command or tool option) by which I can highlight buildings or, at least, the tiles where there are buildings and infrastructure of my ownership.

After I have bought several houses, built roads in cities and more other things, it's almost impossible to distinguish what is mine from what is not.

Tiles with my properties built on would be highlighted like "block reservation" does.

That's all. :)

Fabio

Igor, how do you buy a house? i don't know how to do it, although i read about it.

sojo

fabio it is a new button in menu.

Igor, mayby it can be a new building area (button ").
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Fabio

i'm sorry, guys, i downloaded the last nightly of executable and i look in building info and in the menu bars (128). should i also upgrade the pak to the last nightly to have this function?

DirrrtyDirk

Usually yes - but it's not in pak128 yet.

But you can modify your own menuconf.tab:

You should just need a line similar to this (taken from pak64):

general_tool[35]=,,11,K

... but menuconf.tab is tricky to handle - so unless you really know how it works (or have enough time&patience to figure it out) I wouldn't really recommend it - certainly nothig for ST beginners (which you are not Fabio, but some other readers maybe)!

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

I don't know anything about this. Could have missed that... I will take a look tomorrow today when I wake up ;D

Probably new button for menuconf is all it needs. As in, some neat graphic! The code comes pretty much for free.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

As far as I can tell no button in pak64 either - just a keyboard shortcut.

I just added it to the pak128 svn, too - should be in next nightly then.

prissi

THe keyboard shortcut was not supposed to be in pak64 stable. It will go for the stable version, I think.

DirrrtyDirk

But it won't go completely, it will just become a button instead of a key, right?

prissi

I think I remove it completely, as it is clearly of no purpose to 99,5% of the players. Or use an obcure schortcut with control.