News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

patch for earlier freight stations

Started by dannyman, October 13, 2009, 02:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyman

Hello,

I tried running an earlier game, but after building a line I found I couldn't build a freight station, so I dug in and built this patch:

Index: stations/goods-rail-stations.dat
===================================================================
--- stations/goods-rail-stations.dat (revision 208)
+++ stations/goods-rail-stations.dat (working copy)
@@ -12,6 +12,7 @@
BackImage[1][0][0][0][0][0]=goods-siding.0.1
icon=> goods-siding.0.3
cursor=goods-siding.0.2
+intro_year=1825
------------------------------------------------
Obj=building
Name=GoodsSidingCrane
@@ -43,6 +44,7 @@
level=3
enables_ware=1
retire_year=1940
+intro_year=1825

BackImage[0][0][0][0][0][0]=goods-shed-old.0.2
BackImage[1][0][0][0][0][0]=goods-shed-old.0.0
@@ -81,6 +83,7 @@
level=2
enables_ware=1
retire_year=1930
+intro_year=1825

BackImage[0][0][0][0][0][0]=bulk-loading-old.1.2
BackImage[1][0][0][0][0][0]=bulk-loading-old.1.3

When is that next SVN commit, Hood? :)

-d

wlindley

Curiously, "rail" horses and early rail goods carriages are available from 1750, and the Puffing Billy from 1813, yet there are no station facilities of any sort until 1825.  (I tried starting a game in 1820.) Are we awaiting new graphics or is that an oversight?

The Hood

Thanks for the spot.  Goods stations should be available from 1750 (at least the most basic ones).  It's an oversight if they aren't available then.  Quite a few different things seem to be not showing up with the timeline on - initially I assumed that leaving intro_year blank meant always available but it seems to work as never available, so I've been fixing them as I find.  Any more reports like this are very welcome!

The next SVN commit is once I've finished the trucks (two to go), and then I'll have a look at balancing before doing another binary release.

EDIT: As promised, in r209.

prissi

blank just means 1900, as you could not set games to earlier times.

dannyman

Quote from: prissi on October 14, 2009, 09:16:05 PM
blank just means 1900, as you could not set games to earlier times.

Maybe we can change the default value to 1750 or whatever?  (Or like 1CE, because someday someone is going to . . .)

jamespetts

In the next version of Simutrans-Experimental, the default introduction date will be the 1st of January 1492. In Simutrans-Standard (and current versions of Simutrans-Experimental), the default introduction date is the 1st of January 1900.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Maragil

Quote from: jamespetts on October 22, 2009, 10:59:51 AM
In the next version of Simutrans-Experimental, the default introduction date will be the 1st of January 1492. In Simutrans-Standard (and current versions of Simutrans-Experimental), the default introduction date is the 1st of January 1900.

What's the point of intro. date being in 1492, surely no pak sets have things there?

H./

kierongreen

In 1492 Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue...

That's the only plausible reason I can think of anyway! There was transport around at that time - only really horse and cart on land and sailing vessels at sea for sure but it's a start!

Fabio

carts and vessels would make a nice scenario... and i would like to challenge some brave player to play a map from 1492 to 2050... :::)

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: fabio on October 22, 2009, 03:38:48 PM
and i would like to challenge some brave player to play a map from 1492 to 2050... :::)

Yes, and with bits_per_months set to 24...  ;D

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****