News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

underseas tunnel with slope

Started by ElectroCyber, October 14, 2009, 12:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectroCyber

hello everyone..

The new feature "overseas tunnel" was another cool thing in recent version Simutrans.
But, when i playing around with this, i found that underground view with water (sea) being unrealistic.
The railway track was laying down straightly above the sea level. Commonly, an underseas tunnel will be built under the seabed. I refers to the famous "Strait of Dover" tunnel between England and French , wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Dover.

So i have an idea to make slopes underground before the sea tiles.
Please see images below.

us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/show/sMy0tqz5Wp/undersea-slope-tunnel-1.png]
straight track above sea level

us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/show/wf4IwCfFxo/undersea-slope-tunnel-2.png]
what about slopes?

us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/show/2067WXrqef/undersea-slope-tunnel-7.png]
alternative #1

us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/show/yCWAhsHNDW/undersea-slope-tunnel-4.png]
alternative #2

us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/show/fDy7jhx-QA/undersea-slope-tunnel-6.png]
alternative #3

Or, maybe someone else got better ideas?

Just an idea,...  ;D
Sorry for my bad English...

rsdworker

looks nice - its would be useful with split levels mode

Dwachs

You can built tunnels under sea in recent nightly versions. Furthermore, you are not allowed to built tunnels through the open sea, otherwise this will be a bug.

Please check a newer nightly.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.