News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Coal Truck

Started by hellmade, September 09, 2008, 08:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirrrtyDirk

You are right.

Also the speed of the last 2 trailers are mixed up, I think. The latest one has 90, the one before that 100km/h... should be the other way round, I think.

Will exchange both speeds and remove the retire date from the last one for now.

EDIT:
done in r123

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

wernieman

did somebody make a plan about the trucks/trailers?

I hope you understand my English

DirrrtyDirk

No plan yet (that I know of) - just repairing issues on a day-by-day and report-to-report basis so far...

Zeno

Somewhere in this topic there's a nice (:-*) heavy trailer, with png and dat... if you want to take it you can  ;D
Anyway I won't paint a truck for it!

wernieman

I see and testet it ... but without a plan ore timelineplan .....
I hope you understand my English

DirrrtyDirk

Well I can sure add it - what did VS say about SVN? "It's a time machine after all"  ;)

EDIT: By the way, the trucks in pak128 don't use any constraint[next] at all - so no changes are required there for your trailer to work.

VS

We need some way to get data from vehicle dat files so that it can be analysed... and that goes hand in hand with balancing.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

I have just tested it - and I think it is not yet ready for inclusion into the pakset.

It doesn't align very well with several trucks, there are some graphical glitches that still need work (some parts look a little rough, on some edges some pixels appear to be missing), also unwanted non-darkening greys need to be removed and rear lights added (last two steps should go fairly quick with Shades.)

So, still some work left to do (too much for me to adjust that now).

VS

Lights are just the last touch. But it seems that the trailers and trucks have problems in general... erm, correction, everything. It might be nice to get a working, well-aligned vehicle of default length first, which "jumps" only minimally (meaning best achievable case). Then produce a template from that, and then realign everything :P

I don't have plans, I have disasters.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Quote from: VS on September 16, 2008, 06:01:13 PM
I don't have plans, I have disasters.
lol You're a well-informed optimist...  ;D