News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

pak48.Excentrique

Started by Spike, November 03, 2009, 03:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Hajo_

New tourist attraction: Floating islands!

Must see if I can give them some shadow ...

Roboron

Tourists will be able to appreciate those weird floating trees!  :-X

Leartin

Would be funny if there was a climate that looks like that and has a tourist attraction that's just a hole in the same shape. Or perhaps even in another pakset that looks similar enough.

Animated cursors are an interesting idea. Even a simple bobbing of a placement arrow could make the game look much nicer. An animation that's shown when the mouse is clicked could also be nice (or even just an alternate 'clicked' image - eg the saucer only shoots the ray while the mouse is pressed)

_Hajo_

I think the floating island needs some more work. At least I want to add shadows for the trees and rocks on top. Also see if I can add a shadow below. I really miss a good tile cutting tool, TileCutter doesn't work properly on my computer.

It seems I cut my latest creation again, which is something I don't look forward to. I think it would look better on a round base, not the square one. But let me present, The Mandelbrot Mountain!

Andarix

Quote from: _Hajo_ on February 06, 2022, 09:08:22 PM
I think the floating island needs some more work. At least I want to add shadows for the trees and rocks on top. Also see if I can add a shadow below. I really miss a good tile cutting tool, TileCutter doesn't work properly on my computer.

the best tool for me

_Hajo_

Thanks. There was a bit on the page that helped - while the Linux version of TileCutter fails for me, if I run the TileCutter 0.6.1 Windows version, I get usable cuttings. That is a great time saver.

So, here comes the Mandel Mountain with a round base!

_Hajo_

One more fractal. Next will be to improve the desert isle.

But today, the Julia Ridge!

I've attached the paks in case someone wants to check them out in game. The Mandel Mountain only spawns high up in the mountains. Julia Ridge is temperate climate

_Hajo_

The improved desert isle.

prissi

It looks almost like an upside-down mountain.

_Hajo_

Looks like a remnant from my tests with TileCutter. In wich version did you find it? It's not been meant to be published, sorry for the mistake.

Andarix

The question arises as to what should happen to the Sourceforge repository now that there is also a GitHub repository.

_Hajo_

I'm not sure if this is still true, but in the past it was just not possible to delete repositories on Sourceforge. I have left Sourceforge and do my work now on Github. Consider the Sourceforge one abandoned.

Andarix

Then the Sourceforge repo should be emptied and a reference to GitHub should be set. Just like it was done with Pak128.

prissi

I did that, sorry for not doing this earlier.

Andarix

Quote from: _Hajo_ on March 02, 2022, 03:22:11 PMLooks like a remnant from my tests with TileCutter. In wich version did you find it? It's not been meant to be published, sorry for the mistake.

0.19 RC3