News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Menus for pak128

Started by MHD, January 03, 2010, 08:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MHD

For the next release of pak128, I have the request for new entrys in the general menus.

- Is it possible to create an icon for "buy house", general tool 35 (which is so far only accessible by pressing 'K'?

- Is it possible to create a new menu for the sliced underground mode? For me, working with keyboard is always a bit uncommon...

Edit: I noticed, that also the "build headquarter"-flag has no assigned button in the menus (general tool 27 is not used in the menus). The referenced icon (and cursor?) is not defined (empty).

DirrrtyDirk

Sure, give me the icons and I'll include them, no problem.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

MHD

Would that be fine for the "buy buildings"-button?

Edit: Forgot the background

VS

Here are currently used elements - see for yourself how well this matches.

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/pak128-interface.7z

Regarding cursor, it seems most of the arrow-like are shaded (see eg. ls-cursors.png). Icon? I'd say for consistency you might edit the second rightmost in "dialog tools" in menu_buttons.png and instead of list add the $ thingy.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

MHD

Thanks! How about this variation?

MHD

Third Version...

VS

Button is all right, but I would make the $ bigger on that arrow... somewhat like this (but it feels too cartoony - your arrow without outline is better).

(please disregard the mess around)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

MHD

I also wondered about the arrow...maybe I have an idea later...but the button, I also agree is ok, I like it somehow.

I think about it...

citybus7

Hi. Side-question from a loyal player, and pak128 user.

MHD says that the buy-house option is "so far [...] accessible by pressing 'K'" also in pak128. Is this true? I know there is no button yet, but I have been trying to figure out a shortcut to get to this wonderful (!) feature. I am not sure whether it even exists yet. Could someone clarify this, please? Thanks.

Gouv

I thought they meant k (playerlist), but it's actually Shift k (K = buy House).
Just use the Shortcut and click on the house you want to buy. Though it seems that this tool buys the House even if it's mine already  :-[

VS

MHD: Included in r828, thanks. In the end I butchered a cursor without outline based on your version.

That's buying houses. Now, the original list had also underground mode and headquarters. Headquarters can be built from finance window, so that is not urgent...