News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Builders' yard

Started by Fabio, October 29, 2009, 04:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

Quote from: VS on October 29, 2009, 10:11:38 AM
* moebelhaus (3x4) - "home market", sells furniture, books, and fertilizer (!)

couldn't fertilizer be sold by greenhouses (we have already the pics): they sell plants (which in time could become another chain) and fertilizer (existing chain)?

Quote from: VS on October 29, 2009, 10:11:38 AM
* materialswholesale (2x2) - sells concrete, planks and steel

couldn't it be bigger? (i could give it a try-- maybe... NO PROMISE, THOUGH!)

VS

Bigger - why not; do what you want! I would be only happy to see anything.

About fertilizer... I am not sure why it exists at all.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Quote* materialswholesale

just to keep you updated-- there are some tries in this field.
no screenshots so far-- i'm sorry-- i'll keep you posted.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

here's, finally, a preview.

DirrrtyDirk

Ooohhh  ... can't wait to see the final version!

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

Same here. Somehow it seems more real than the current one... how could it be? ;D

The Hood

I agree - much nicer than the old pak128 one.  Good work!

Fabio

sdog

to me it's the best looking simutrans building so far. since you paint everything by hand four rotations must be a hell lot of work for you.

VS

I'm not sure about the ground... it looks like stone texture, but frighteningly large for this usage.

DirrrtyDirk

And the forklift doesn't rotate with the building. But it looks great nonetheless!

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Spike

With a bit different contrast, the stone texture patterns could be wheel-stains on the ground. Maybe it can be improved, but I wouldn't mind it much even now.

Fabio

Quote from: sdog on November 22, 2009, 09:35:40 PM
since you paint everything by hand four rotations must be a hell lot of work for you.
Indeed :) And I refused the compromise of simply mirroring, as it doesn't look properly when rotating. On the other hand, the concept work is offen harder and more time-consuming than the actual painting.

Quote from: VS on November 22, 2009, 10:04:50 PM
I'm not sure about the ground... it looks like stone texture, but frighteningly large for this usage.
Quote from: Hajo on November 22, 2009, 10:38:01 PM
With a bit different contrast, the stone texture patterns could be wheel-stains on the ground.
This was the idea: basic cityroad ground (available in my to-be-finished-and-released road set), with a cracked pattern to mimic random wheel-stains. I'll work more on the contrast.

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on November 22, 2009, 10:18:23 PM
And the forklift doesn't rotate with the building.
Actually i remembered to put it on three rotations just after i took the preview, so i added it at random.

Anyway, thank you all for your feedback, i'll keep you posted on the updates!

Fabio

now, also in winter mode!

known issue: forklift still to be fixed

Zeno

Nice to see some progress here. Looks really good, fabio. Congrats :)

Spike

VS

WOW! They have all the goodies :D

One thing that makes me a bit uncertain is the bright window. Other than that, nothing to say except praise.

(Split and moved...)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Joker

Nice work Fabio!! I love it!! :)

Cheers Joker
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Václav

It seems good - better than previous (very old) version. But I think that its sale sortiment could be extended of some uselful building material like wooden logs.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Fabio

Quote from: VS on November 30, 2009, 10:23:59 PM
One thing that makes me a bit uncertain is the bright window.

take a look at his one...

is it enough for release, now? if so i'll move on (thinking of having a go to electronics plant)

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on December 06, 2009, 07:35:24 PM
It seems good - better than previous (very old) version. But I think that its sale sortiment could be extended of some uselful building material like wooden logs.
wooden planks are already-- under the roof. maybe also a few logs are there, to protect them from the weather... :)

mobo

Looks great! Really good work, Fabio.  :)

VS

Perfect! Including right now.

jonasbb

Diegote

Václav

Quote from: fabio on December 13, 2009, 10:49:50 AM
wooden planks are already-- under the roof. maybe also a few logs are there, to protect them from the weather... :)

I am sorry if it will sound bad to someone but I wanted to adding of wooden logs into sale sortiment of this shop (so it would have four instead three goods for sale) because wooden logs are building material too.

Fabio

without graphic change-- it could be done :)
i was thinking also of a bricks chain (clay quarry -> bricks factory (+coal or oil) -> Builder's yard).
Although i would like to see it (more than logs, as the wood chain is already there with planks) i think the priority now is to complete missing factories for OpenPak128.

rfg123

Quote from: fabio on December 15, 2009, 02:41:54 PMI was thinking also of a bricks chain (clay quarry -> bricks factory (+coal or oil) -> Builder's yard).

Your builder's yard looks excellent! And a brick chain is an excellent idea - I used to work at a brick mill. Our company had several on-site claypits that we drove large trucks back and forth from the pits to the kiln.

Václav

Quote from: fabio on December 15, 2009, 02:41:54 PM
without graphic change-- it could be done :)
i was thinking also of a bricks chain (clay quarry -> bricks factory (+coal or oil) -> Builder's yard).
Although i would like to see it (more than logs, as the wood chain is already there with planks) i think the priority now is to complete missing factories for OpenPak128.

OK - for now. Thanks for support of me (my idea).

wlindley

Excellent!

Could you mix-and-match the graphics tiles to make a couple variations?  Like 'large builders yard' or just a 'lumber only' yard?  Or maybe two different ones for earlier and later times?  That would be awfully cool and maybe little work.